Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pause
Lens: Sigma 10-20 4-5.6 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Donegal Ireland 
Posted By: captainbert, 02-19-2012, 04:14 PM

Driving along in particularly barren part of County Donegal here in Ireland myself and my friend Rory decided to stop for five and play about with the cameras:

Views: 803
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
A bit too much vinette for my taste, but straighten the horizon on the second one and it's a photo that definitely captures a mood. Nice job.
02-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
A bit too much vinette for my taste, but straighten the horizon on the second one and it's a photo that definitely captures a mood. Nice job.
Yep you're right about that horizon on the second one... my bad! i hadn't even noticed that and it's way out too! As for the vignettes... i personally like them. Thanks!
02-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
Just checked there and unfortunately whenever i fix the horizon my friend Rory then looks very tilted and it looks a bit strange.. pity!

02-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great mood with these photos, I like the first one better myself. Nice low clouds too. Personally, I like the vignetting, makes for a more "dreamy" quality.
02-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
Great mood with these photos, I like the first one better myself. Nice low clouds too. Personally, I like the vignetting, makes for a more "dreamy" quality.
Thanks a lot Colorado CJ! That's nice to hear my friend! Best wishes, Garbhán.
02-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice one's Captain! I agree with Colorado,
I really like the mood your shots set, nice work! Tom

02-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tpg2 Quote
Nice one's Captain! I agree with Colorado,
I really like the mood your shots set, nice work! Tom
Thanks a lot for the kind words Tom! Very best wishes, Garbhán.
02-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by captainbert Quote
Just checked there and unfortunately whenever i fix the horizon my friend Rory then looks very tilted and it looks a bit strange.. pity!
I agree, the horizon is not level by nature. If you level it, your guy will be standing at an angle which would be worse that a less than horizontal horizon. Sometimes we just need to take nature as we find it.
02-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
I agree, the horizon is not level by nature. If you level it, your guy will be standing at an angle which would be worse that a less than horizontal horizon. Sometimes we just need to take nature as we find it.
Yeah thanks my friend and tis true indeed that we just need to take nature as we find it Cheers! Garbhán.
02-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Garbhan, I like both of the photos and wouldn't do a thing to change them. Many times I start messing with this and that and it turns out worse than when I started. Great processing with good effects. thanks for posting these my friend.
02-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Garbhan, I like both photos also. My eyes follow the horizon in the second one down the mountains so I really don't notice the tilt. The first one is my favorite however. Rory looks like he is keeping a close eye on an upcoming storm and I keep wondering how long he will stand there and will he be able to find cover before it hits. A nice story.
02-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Garbhan, I like both of the photos and wouldn't do a thing to change them. Many times I start messing with this and that and it turns out worse than when I started. Great processing with good effects. thanks for posting these my friend.
Thanks kindly Bob good sir! As always i really appreciate your words my friend. Cheers, Garbhán.
02-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Garbhan, I like both photos also. My eyes follow the horizon in the second one down the mountains so I really don't notice the tilt. The first one is my favorite however. Rory looks like he is keeping a close eye on an upcoming storm and I keep wondering how long he will stand there and will he be able to find cover before it hits. A nice story.
That's very nice to hear Susan and i love your perception of it... cool interpretation my friend. Thanks kindly my friend, Garbhán