Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few more from Glacier
Posted By: slowpez, 02-20-2012, 08:19 AM

OK, it may not have been the best time but it is still one beautiful park.

Views: 1,022
02-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love your pictures.
I assume that since you posted them, you don't mind a few comments and critics ?
1, 3 and 4 are a little dark on my monitor, I think they could pop a little more with a bit of brightness.
The last one seems a little crooked.
2 and 5 are my favourite, the colours are very nice and the composition is very good to my eye. I would say that the composition on all of those pictures is actually very good, I guess I just slightly prefer close up, more of a personal taste thing though!

Thank you for posting, I enjoyed watching those. Also, where was it ?
02-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments kp0c. You are right about the last one being crooked. The other three don't look dark on my computer but then again, I'm looking at the originals. My computer crashed in Alaska and I replaced it but lost all my editing software so I was stuck using Windows Live Photo Editor and Picasa, Neither are my favorites in the PP department.
Glacier NP is in Montana. Waterton (in Canada) and Glacier make-up the international peace park. Beautiful area.
02-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More beautifully taken photos here Susan, the last shot really shows the park very well and everyone likes a waterfall or two.

02-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That is indeed one beautiful park Susan! Great captures and that last one in particular really does it for.. beautiful indeed
02-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Thanks for the comments kp0c. You are right about the last one being crooked. The other three don't look dark on my computer but then again, I'm looking at the originals. My computer crashed in Alaska and I replaced it but lost all my editing software so I was stuck using Windows Live Photo Editor and Picasa, Neither are my favorites in the PP department.
Glacier NP is in Montana. Waterton (in Canada) and Glacier make-up the international peace park. Beautiful area.
Yeah, I think you are right! I just watched them again on my iPad and they look great... It might have been my morning eyes that needed a little more coffee haha!
That sucks for your computer! Did you get the adobe lightroom deal on the 14th? Anyway, i feel your pain, sometimes, when I want to save a few minutes and do some very simple editing on pictures for the web, I use picasa, but each time, I find myself waisting more time searching for missng features! Still, the software is free and works quite well, kudo to google.
02-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Excellent Susan - Mountains,,Lakes ,Creeks and Rivers doesn't get much better for landscapes.

02-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Nice job on the photos Susan.Picasa isn't my favorite form of PP but I find that it can do a decent job in the basics of tweaking a photo if nothing else is available.--charliezap
02-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I learned PP on Picasa and agree it does a nice job on some things - straightening pics for instance. It is the easiest straightening tool out there IMHO. It was nice to get home and PS again though. Of course, I now have thousands of pictures to re-process. Some trips may never end.
02-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow - you certainly saw your share of gorgeous places. Great series, Susan.

Jer
02-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jer.
02-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Lovely series Susan - I like the last one the best.
02-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Really,reaaaaally beautiful series there!
Especially like the second shot, with the lovely colours of the rocks. But oh my, they all are pretty!
02-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Wonderful photos, Susan! My favourites are nr 2 and 5, love the light, the colors and the comp! Nr 3 is really beautiful to! And nr 4...and the last one, beautiful landscape!
/Anna
02-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for having a look and leaving a comment Frogfish, Larsenio and Anna. I really appreciate your coming along on our journey.