Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

"Time Capsule" Oct 15 1969 National Moratorium Day Boston Ma.
Posted By: charliezap, 02-22-2012, 03:09 PM

It was National Moratorium Day and there were 100,000 people gathered on Boston Common to protest the Vietnam War.Senator George McGovern was the keynote speaker.Bill Clinton gave an address that day in England while he was a Rhodes scholar.There were similar demonstrations going on Nation wide that day and I think World wide in some countries.It was a gorgeous Fall day as I remember.Do any of you "old timers" remember this happening?That year I gave out Christmas Cards of this photo.The picture itself is a scanning of the card which I still have.The Peace sign in the background was why I took the shot with my Tamron 28mm WA.My brother and his friend were the willing participants in the picture.--charliezap

Attached Images

Views: 2,048
02-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Thanks for posting Charlie,

I must have been in the 11th grade about that time growing up in Sarnia Ontario. Sarnia is just across the river from Port Huron Michigan. I do recall the watching the draft lottery on TV and I’m pretty sure my birthday would have seen a draft notice eventually coming my way had I lived one mile further west. How different things might have been.

Tom G
My wife went into panic mode when my birthday was shown as the first date drawn that night.She saw the replay and I told her before she saw it that it was live and if a person's birthday was shown that there would be no deferments.That was a cruel prank.---charliezap

02-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you're becoming our resident photographic historian charlie.... i was only 13 1/2, but remember watching the local and national news of the day.... especially vivid in my memories were the live footage from vietnam.....this is really fine work and illumines a time in our history that successive generations should learn about..and never forget... imho that is.. dave m
02-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
you're becoming our resident photographic historian charlie.... i was only 13 1/2, but remember watching the local and national news of the day.... especially vivid in my memories were the live footage from vietnam.....this is really fine work and illumines a time in our history that successive generations should learn about..and never forget... imho that is.. dave m
Thanks much Dave.I still have Blizzards-fires-explosions-People etc that are in the "Time Capsule" waiting to be released.--charliezap