Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rose Hip Macro
Lens: DA35 Macro Camera: K5 Photo Location: Calgary, Alberta ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: Mr_Canuck, 02-23-2012, 02:59 PM

Since I've been into the dslr thing, I've tended towards shorter macro lenses, mainly because I rarely have a tripod with me. I like the hand holdability of the 35 Macro limited. Yeah, I am sometimes bumping right up against the object, but for now I'm ok with it. This shot was an interesting exercise in ISO/shutter/aperture shifting so that I could get the right depth of focus but also not have things shaking all over the place while hand-held in a bit of wind. The K5 sure makes this easy with its high-ISO capabilities! I also have to say, man does the DA35 limited render things clearly yet with very pleasing out of focus transitions.

There was some cropping discretion to take, and I chose this particular composition. I like how the blue sky tones cut vertically down the left. I find the angularity of the various shapes and textures quite interesting. I think I could do more playing around with it. Any suggestions? Would you crop some of the berry right off the frame?

Views: 676
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great crisp beautifully rendered shot and well composed at that. I am a big fan of the DA 35mm macro and as i dont shoot insects or whatever i'm not remotely bothered by how close one needs to shoot and indeed as you say it renders things very beautifully. This lens and a K5 are a match made in heaven which you seem to find also. Great shot!
02-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love it as it is.