Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Early Aircraft Engine Detail
Lens: M28/3.5 Camera: K100D Photo Location: Cradle of Aviation Museum, Uniondale, NY ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: Judd, 02-25-2012, 05:35 PM

Circa 1910, I believe. I like this but I think I need to go back and get more because I think I can do better with the framing. Still, I think it shows what a worthy camera the old K100D is as well as the M-series 28mm f 3.5 - this was shot wide open. Post processing was restricted to the B&W conversion and cropping. There was NO sharpening or filtering of any sort done. I've finally gotten comfy with working with RAW images and am amazed at the difference it makes.

Views: 767
02-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The framing is indeed a bit tight but I do like the composition, and the patterns in the background give it a very "technical" fell over all. Nice patterns shot!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Judd:

although the framing might be a bit tight, for this type of shot, extreme DoF on the subject is really important. You should do well with the 28, but try it a f8 or 11, but don't let the BG get sharp!

nice tones!
02-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #4

Tell ya the truth guys, I just held a piece of paper over the left side and I think cropping it tighter looks really cool. Better Dof would be good but me, I'd crop it even tighter. Kind of an all or nothing thing. Great shot Judd!

02-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks very much for the comments! Always good food for thought here. Stopping down would be cool, but I think I might need a tripod or a camera with better signal to noise at high ISO to get that done. ISO 800 is about as high as I like to go on the K100D.

I have this one too: