Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Passion!
Lens: 28-55mm Camera: K-r Photo Location: Yangon, Myanmar ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: lawthimfook, 03-01-2012, 09:43 PM

OK, folks. Here's the 2nd pic I promised, as a sign of gratitude for all your kind and encouraging comments. This time around, it's taken in Yangon, Myanmar, during my recent trip - Dec 2011 - Jan 2012. I'm calling it "Passion!" mainly because of 2 reasons:

1. This is a Passion Fruit Flower - though there are other colours in real life.

2. The colours are soooo bold, especially the red. Yah, I know, the blacks and the whites do stand out as well. (Note: I'm also amazed with how the K-r has managed to capture the spider web. Yah, some may do a Photoshop job to remove it, but I'm leaving it as it is, as in a way I'm kind of a 'purist' where photography is concerned. Plus, this is how it is in nature - spiderwebs and all.) I also find the colours again sooooo pleasing - thanks Pentax!

Hope you like it. Again, comments/critique greatly appreciated.

I have another pic which I may probably share later, called "Blue Dragon."

Regards to all.

P/s: I've downsized this pic from 5M+ size to 1.2M using Photoshop. However, when I further reduced the size of the photo, it ended up being 582kb. Strange. Anyway, I hope this further downsized pic turns out OK during viewing.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Views: 608
03-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

A stunning bloom very well captured.
03-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
TQVM SNAPPYCHAPPY. Yes, it's a beautiful flower. Actually, there's another shot where the background was blurred even more, ie with more Depth-of-Field. I was in a hurry while sharing this pic, so I picked whichever pic came first, instead of going through all the files. Fyi, I've also shot this flower from different angles .... maybe I'll post one or two more on this pic, unless you guys have got bored of the flower ... The "Blue Dragon" can come later. :-))

Regards.
03-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Post some more...............

03-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #5

Original Poster
OK, SNAPPYCHAPPY, your wish is my command ... <grin, grin> .... later this evening.