Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

results from my $15 extension macro tubes off ebay.
Posted By: distorted_vision, 01-05-2008, 10:45 PM

well my macro tubes arrived a few days ago and i tryed them out today.. jeez, i was pretty shocked to see what these things can do.. for $15 can you really go wrong?? i was using my sigma 35-70 lense for these shots, mainly because my 18-50 kit lense was useless as i could not see anything through the viewfinder .. all these shots are with manual focus,hand held without tripod etc, as the adapter ring cuts out any auto features/settings.:ugh:
tell me what you guys think of these shots? i know they are not perfect, but for someone like me who is new to macro photography, i think they are fascinating...

this one is actually of my arm, hah!

this gives you an idea of how close up you can go... this is the same flower bud as the one pictured above ^^ eeeeeew~! as you can see i look after my hands very well!! being a mechanic, your hands cop it! hah!!

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-06-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Views: 2,290
01-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As part of her school project my daughter made some crystals from a solution. She wanted photos of them to include in her report. So naturally her camera-laden shutterbug papa is going to go whole hog on the deal. I got out the tripod, stuck a 55/1.8 on 58mm of extension tubes, cranked down to something like f16.....and still couldn't manage to get a whole crystal in the plane of focus. The things were only like 4 or 5mm on a side. The pictures didn't come out all that great and I wanted to do a reshoot, but she was satisfied.

01-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #17
Forum Member

You've inspired me! I just bought a Pentax-A 50mm f2 on Ebay ($35) and a set of extension tubes ($15). Hopefully I can get some good shots... I love macro photos but thought I would have to wait until I could afford a "real" lens.
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CJCram Quote
You've inspired me! I just bought a Pentax-A 50mm f2 on Ebay ($35) and a set of extension tubes ($15). Hopefully I can get some good shots... I love macro photos but thought I would have to wait until I could afford a "real" lens.
yermate, well thats what i thought also... until i bought this lense and tubes.. its awesome