Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
the beach DEE VEE style #2
Posted By: distorted_vision, 01-06-2008, 01:00 AM

hey guys n gurls.. well, i went for a walk along the beach today and this is what i came up with... i went for a surf also and got majorly burnt!!! eeek!

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-06-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Views: 2,299
01-06-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-06-2008 at 02:32 AM.
01-06-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
heres the last pic of this set.... i took this shot with a deliberate out of focus style. some of you may recall a few weeks ago i posted some street photography pictures with a 'model train' effect. well i tryed a similar technique to this yacht. i find it fun to make everyday objects look like a model or toy. this shot was more challenging , due to the fact i had all the background houses to deal with etc... it isnt as effective as my previous attempts imo, but yeh,.,. atleast im trying..

here is the train i am talking about, incase no one knows what im talking about! hah!

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-06-2008 at 04:41 AM.
01-06-2008, 05:13 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Always a treat to view your pics DV!

I'm hard pressed to pick a favourite; but if I did it would be a toss up between the fellow in the orange (very simple yet nice complimentary colours ) and the funky shot of the gulls.

Keep 'em coming, I am easily entertained.

01-06-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Always a treat to view your pics DV!

I'm hard pressed to pick a favourite; but if I did it would be a toss up between the fellow in the orange (very simple yet nice complimentary colours ) and the funky shot of the gulls.

Keep 'em coming, I am easily entertained.
glad you like them mate.... i will post up a few more just for you

yer, the guy in the orange against the blue sky and ocean,does make for a striking shot..
the seagulls....... is it just me or does that seagull in the top left corner look a bit menacing?? hah..
01-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #6

I like the shot of the seagulls. The second seagull almost looks like a reflection of the first.
01-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramshot Quote
I like the shot of the seagulls. The second seagull almost looks like a reflection of the first.
thanks mate... that was the effect i was after
01-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice series. I especially like the dynamism of the first one.

Paul

01-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series DV, I especially like the first 470 shot, the two heads floating in the water and the woman with the pocket book regarding the surf. The heads are making a statement, not sure what it is, but it's intriguing

NaCl(hope you didn't get too badly lobstered)H2O
01-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Nice series DV

Hey DV..

I always enjoy looking at you shots.. They are always so diversfied... (Sailing, to Ocean, to monks, to subway) >> LOL

I am with Jeff that it is hard to find a favorite.. but being the "nature" girl.. I actually like #12 the best.. and #1 runs a close second...

I am not much for the B&W.. I enjoy color to much I guess!!

Great shots all around.. Thanks for the sharin!!!

Kim
01-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Nice series. I especially like the dynamism of the first one.

Paul
thanks for the comment mate the 1st image is a nice in-action shot isnt it!
01-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Nice series DV, I especially like the first 470 shot, the two heads floating in the water and the woman with the pocket book regarding the surf. The heads are making a statement, not sure what it is, but it's intriguing

NaCl(hope you didn't get too badly lobstered)H2O

heyman! glad you like the pics the two heads floating in the water is by far one of my fav images that i have taken with the k100ds so far... i just couldnt resist that shot. it took me a few goes as i was on full zoom and the sun was very glarey!

i think the heads are making a statement of - ' oh sh*t, we are in the ocean and this guy on the pier is taking a photo of our heads as we helplessly float in what appears to be nothingness, away from the confides of society and a idealistic mismatched world of technology and development ' .............. hah

or is that my mind going distored again?!
01-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Hey DV..

I always enjoy looking at you shots.. They are always so diversfied... (Sailing, to Ocean, to monks, to subway) >> LOL

I am with Jeff that it is hard to find a favorite.. but being the "nature" girl.. I actually like #12 the best.. and #1 runs a close second...

I am not much for the B&W.. I enjoy color to much I guess!!

Great shots all around.. Thanks for the sharin!!!

Kim
hey there im glad you like looking at my images.. i really try to make the everyday look interesting...

i think b&w you either like or you dont. since i started with street photography, my desire for b&w has increased alarmingly.... im sure i probably convert too many colour images, but thats ok... with b&W i feel it can really transform a dull boriing image into something much more deep. it gives certain photos more depth imho.. end of the day.. im only a LEArNer so most of my work you see on this site is all purely experimental i guess.

think pentax.com is fantastic. you guys are all helping me develop as a photographer and i find your advice and feedback invaluable. thanks so much!
01-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Some how I mssed this series until today. Very nice series of shots. I really like your posts, they give me lots of ideas. Thanks for posting.

BTW, I really like #8, great DOF.
Cheers,
Frank
01-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Some how I mssed this series until today. Very nice series of shots. I really like your posts, they give me lots of ideas. Thanks for posting.

BTW, I really like #8, great DOF.
Cheers,
Frank
thanks alot mate