Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Backyard dirtbike riding
Posted By: Tyler, 01-06-2008, 01:38 PM

Took these about 20 min ago. Compression kills. These are so sharp full size, its scary.

Larger
Mini-bike action

Larger
Resting

Larger

K100D 70-200 2.8 ISO400. Exif should be intact on larger versions.
Views: 1,678
01-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
crop the first one ??

Tyler,

You have some good shots there!! I really like the first one.. I wonder if it might enhance it if you cropped it down so the people were not in the background and there wasn't so much dirt in front???

Just thinkin out loud... Thanks for Sharin.. Kim
01-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Tyler,

You have some good shots there!! I really like the first one.. I wonder if it might enhance it if you cropped it down so the people were not in the background and there wasn't so much dirt in front???

Just thinkin out loud... Thanks for Sharin.. Kim
Thanks Kim. I might try cropping some of these. good idea.

I will say though, the K100D held up pretty well auto-focusing on these bikes even when they were flying. I had some OOF but not too many. Hopefully the K200D will be better.
01-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Ah cool! A minitrail!

I had one of those as a kid (and it's still rolling, I gave it to my uncle for his grandkids!), and it looks like the little dude is enjoying his as much as I did mine when I was his age!

Pat

01-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice series Tyler - I like the first and last the best. What is that onbject off the the right in the last one ?
01-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Ah cool! A minitrail!

I had one of those as a kid (and it's still rolling, I gave it to my uncle for his grandkids!), and it looks like the little dude is enjoying his as much as I did mine when I was his age!

Pat
Haha, yeah thats my brother. He loves that thing. It is pretty fun though, I must say.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice series Tyler - I like the first and last the best. What is that onbject off the the right in the last one ?
Its a water tank. Our neighborhood is on a series of community wells and next to each pump is a big tank that holds the water.
01-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Right place at the right time..

QuoteOriginally posted by Tyler Quote
Thanks Kim. I might try cropping some of these. good idea.

I will say though, the K100D held up pretty well auto-focusing on these bikes even when they were flying. I had some OOF but not too many. Hopefully the K200D will be better.
Tyler, I have a k100D Super.. and love it.. Your bikes might of been going faster than these snowmobiles.. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/16997-more-snowmobile-fun.html ... but I found it worked great as well...

I think next time I will try to "pan" more and follow the machines instead of picking a spot to focus on..

Action photos are addicting.... and they are very rewarding when you get "that" shot!!!

Anxiouse to see your next venture!! Kim

01-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let's just hope the kids don't start trying this kinda stuff, hehe < I have gotten rid of the little hairs on the sensor >