Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

more photos with my extension tubes and new pentax 50mm 1:1.7 lense
Posted By: distorted_vision, 01-07-2008, 12:30 AM

well i took some advice from a fellow pentaxian and invested in a pentax 50mm lense today, to join my new extension tubes.. im really happy with the results
here are a few i just took..

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-07-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Views: 2,942
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Great series. The eye shot is over the top!! The flower is very cool as well. You can see a 'line' of the in focus area along the petals. Razor thin DOF there.

Nice advice from that Pentaxian!
$10 well spent. Did that lens come from the kit you bought the other day or a new addition? Are you finding it easier to focus with this lens? If you want to add another level to this and have a tripod you can try one of these: Macro Focus Rail Slider for Canon EOS 30D 40D 400D 350D - eBay (item 180202077545 end time Jan-08-08 13:00:00 PST)
I got one and like how easy it is to get the focus right on. Just mount the camera to it and adjust to perfect focus points.

As Salty would do:

Peter (I'll break your bank account if you keep listening) Zack
hey mate, thanx for the feedback!! indeed, the pentaxian is wise!! lol!!!

i ended up buying just the lense off my mate, without the camera body, so i got a great deal!!
it is much easier to focus, so much better than the 35-70 i was using previously..
that rial slider looks so useful... so useful that i just bought one off ebay after looking at the link you provided... haha!! thanks mate.. you are draining my hard earned cash.. but all money well spent

distorted ( is there re-hab for ebay? ) vision

01-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #17
ramshot

Very nice! Is that the little guy up close in #1?
01-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramshot Quote
Very nice! Is that the little guy up close in #1?
hah, someone remembered!!! indeed it is!!!!!!
01-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sweet!!!!

Sweet pics DV... It looks like you are having lots of fun with that Macro lens.. and what a bargain you got!!! If I could only be that lucky!! LOL

The first picture is awesome.. !! the color and clarity is really good...

I am captivated by the eye shots... I have seen a couple posted since I joined and it is just amazing the detail that the lens gets... How close do you have to be to get that kind of shot.??? I also like the pic (even in B&W!!) lol of just her eyes (the last one)..

Thanks for sharin.. they are great!!

Kim

01-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Sweet pics DV... It looks like you are having lots of fun with that Macro lens.. and what a bargain you got!!! If I could only be that lucky!! LOL

The first picture is awesome.. !! the color and clarity is really good...

I am captivated by the eye shots... I have seen a couple posted since I joined and it is just amazing the detail that the lens gets... How close do you have to be to get that kind of shot.??? I also like the pic (even in B&W!!) lol of just her eyes (the last one)..

Thanks for sharin.. they are great!!

Kim
hi kim! yeh, im loving this lense and macro tubes.. highly recommended!!
yeh, i love the eye shots, they are of my mom.. the detail is pretty amazing especially in b&w!! hah!!...

for that 1st shot, i was about 3/5 of an inch away from her eye, so rather close indeed.

i love sharing my pics, and i am about to go for a walk round the garden now and try to get some insects!!!! give me 1 hour and ill see what i can come up with
01-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Nice series Kevin.

It is quite incredible to get these effect with the extension tube which usually makes view finder really dark and hard to manual focus.

Still taking photos in the heat? I had been drinking sports drinks all day
01-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Nice series Kevin.

It is quite incredible to get these effect with the extension tube which usually makes view finder really dark and hard to manual focus.

Still taking photos in the heat? I had been drinking sports drinks all day
thanx alot mate !!

yeh, it is quite hard to get the shots i must admit.. especially being taken without a tripiod etc,,i have just been using a balloon filled with cooking flower, to brace the camera on.. as it is easy to reshape etc,, just a idea i had, and it turned out to be quite effective as it absorbs any camera shake etc.. i also use a plank of wood as a resting place for the balloon in some situations,. i know that might sounds completely bizare and awkward, but it works a treat... i always think outside the norm....

you know me mate,, im taking shots rain, hail or shine!!!!!! i wouldnt mind some powerade drinks tho!! hmm, might go for a run up the street!!

01-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
guessing game..... any ideas??? hah!

..............????>>>>>>>>>