Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"Spanish" beauty
Posted By: Snowcat, 01-07-2008, 07:18 PM

Made some more studio shots. This time with a girl that wanted to look "spanish" C&C always welcome!

Full album Spanish Beauty album | Snowcat8 | Fotki.com
Views: 2,382
01-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #2

I love the pose in the first shot. Lighting is good also in the first shot.

It looks like you missed your focus on the second shot. The eyes could stand to be a lot sharper.

Beautiful model, BTW.
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Excellent studio shots--pose and lighting in the first shot are excellent. Nice work.
01-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Forum Member

Priviet Comrade Elisarow,
you have much better pictures on the set then those one you posted here

First one have odd pose, second one lack sharpness on her eyes, also her hairs...........

I really like this one

and that

What kind of light did you use?

01-08-2008, 04:44 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks everone for comments. Yeah maybe I messed a little someting with focus on the second shot... It became model's favaourite though, so I decided to post it.

QuoteQuote:
you have much better pictures on the set then those one you posted here
Well I am learning how to shoot in-studo, this is only my third attempt... I am glad it's better then the first and the second.

Ramzey, I can't see what pictures you like, they are not showing...

I rent the studio, so I actually don't remember what kind of light it was. I mean the manufacturer... Something not very famous, at least for me...
01-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like that shot. Nice light, good pose and the colour/sharpness is perfect. Well Done.
01-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #7
Forum Member

Pavel,

Usual models chooice is not best one.... well allmost allways.
We all learn all the time Keep learning

I like SG102735 (No 13 in set) and SG102779 (No. 24)

regards
Peter

01-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Snowcat, very nice series - a couple of minor misses, but overall, very nice!! I can see why the model likes the second shot - even tho the eyes are "soft" it's a super shot!!

And, having spent 3 years living in Spain, I can safely say that you accomplished her goal!!
01-09-2008, 01:48 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Soft, sharp, real?

Very attractive model (wow), I like the softness that you captured in the second shot (face partially hidden behind the fan). It is funny as we have moved forward with technology, computers, post editing, saturation of commercial and media images, etc. We sometimes can't see the forest for the one out of focus tree (Remember they use to sell soft focus lenses and filters, some portrait prints had a slight opaque spray finished applied to them....) Have we become too "focused" on technical perfection. Some of the portrait shots offer such depth of field that when put into print they offer an imagine that we could not normally see. I looked at my wife while she was reading her book. I could focus on her book and the closest eye, but not the second eye at the same time. It was just a bit out of focus. Just like this portrait. Just to put a thought out there.
01-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #10

Original Poster
Chip, Spyglass, thanks for your kind words!
As for the focus, somewhere, perhaps here on this forum I saw a thread about how much off-focus can be a keeper shot. And alot of people said that they do not always want absolutely focused shots, and sometimes it's much more important the moment capured, then the technical quality of the shot. So maybe not is lost for us?

And I retouched a little the portrait... Wanted it look a little more "mysterious", and the fact that it is a little off-focus becomes less obvious

What do you think? Is it better this way?
01-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #11

I like it better the 'touched up' way personally. You're right it does add a mysterous touch.