[/IMG]
Views: 968
03-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #2

Very nice, some wonderful captures.
03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have really enjoyed all of your threads, what an adventure. this is something that I have only seen on National Geographic. Thanks for sharing, Bob
03-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love seeing them do what they typically do. You really managed to capture their wildness.

03-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I especially like the first one, only too bad about the fringing. Looks like you had a great safari, though! I see you took some wonderful shots of all sorts of animals.
03-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

@sealonsf, Nice captures. You are very luck to see a leopard dragging its kill. Looks like a great set of animal sightings already. You much be having a blast. Hope K-5 and DA55-300 is living up to your expectations.

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I especially like the first one, only too bad about the fringing. Looks like you had a great safari, though! I see you took some wonderful shots of all sorts of animals.
African light can be tough. Very harsh contrasts, so almost any lens may fringe, but this looks a little extreme, What f-stop did you shoot at?
03-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KevinR Quote

African light can be tough. Very harsh contrasts, so almost any lens may fringe, but this looks a little extreme, What f-stop did you shoot at?
This was quite far away so I haven't been able to get really good captures (there's one more of sleeping leopard that I haven't posted that was much closer). I shot this at f5.8, 1/800, ISO 400. What would have been better? Like I said, this was a big crop but I'm not very technical and just set my camera to what I hope will work for the situation and shoot away. And any ideas of how to get rid of the fringing once it's there? I have Photoshop Elements.

03-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
Den
Veteran Member

More exciting shots to ponder
Thanks for sharing.
03-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
This was quite far away so I haven't been able to get really good captures (there's one more of sleeping leopard that I haven't posted that was much closer). I shot this at f5.8, 1/800, ISO 400. What would have been better? Like I said, this was a big crop but I'm not very technical and just set my camera to what I hope will work for the situation and shoot away. And any ideas of how to get rid of the fringing once it's there? I have Photoshop Elements.
Not sure it will fix it entirely, but generally stopping down helps quite a bit with fringing. Your shutter-speed is high at 1/800, so you have some latitude there. Try for f/8 if light permits. I can't help much with PP tips, but look for lots of recommendations on reducing purple fringe in PP on the forum.
03-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for taken us along on what must have been a wonderful trip, really did enjoy your photography.
« Riven | A few... »