Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Snowflake pictures...
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 01-08-2008, 07:59 PM

hehehe It was snowing today and I was drawn to try and capture one little falling snowflake on camera.... yeah yeah I know.. What am I thinkin.. well it was fun tryin.. lol..

This was the closest I got to just a snowflake.. This is taken with my 80-200 straight up in the air... lol It looks like my lens is filthy..

But... then I inverted the colors and made it B&W.. (yes... DV.. I took the leap)... lol so now it is atleast white like snow..

ok you can now call me officially looney.... Feel kind of stupid posting these but I had so much with the attempt that I had to share.... LOL

Kim
Views: 1,490
01-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
Ed in GA

I Like the conversion best.
01-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very interesting Kim

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote

ok you can now call me officially looney.... Feel kind of stupid posting these but I had so much with the attempt that I had to share.... LOL

Kim
Didn't they call all the great artists looney, or even worst, so there's nothing to feel silly about.
Your being creative, and thankfully for us you like to show your work.
Keep it up Kim
01-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hah... do my eyes deceive me????? a black and white conversion... lol.. nice shot tho!! looks pretty interesting.. heres a quik edit i did.. it looks a bit like a specimen of something under a microscope... lol

Attached Images

01-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
dbh
Inactive Account

I enjoyed all your snow photos, Kim. Got any more?

Looks like potential rain here on Monday - hard to fathom when it's currently -22C outside my window. I'd best be ready for that. Could get interesting.

BTW very creative B&W conversion.
--
dbh
01-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
First real conversion.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
I Like the conversion best.
Thanks.. it was something I hadn't done yet so I figure ..WTH..... lol

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Very interesting Kim Didn't they call all the great artists looney, or even worst, so there's nothing to feel silly about. Your being creative.
Thank you Stu for the kind words... I guess as long as it stays at Looney and doesn't get worse I will be ok.. right???

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
and thankfully for us you like to show your work. Keep it up Kim
Well one thing I have learned on this site is that people are very helpful, and don't ridicule very much... that in itself makes it much easier to share. (esspecially when feeling looney)..

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
hah... do my eyes deceive me????? a black and white conversion... lol.. nice shot tho!! looks pretty interesting.. heres a quik edit i did.. it looks a bit like a specimen of something under a microscope... lol
Ok smarty.. no your eyes are not deceiving you.. I took the plunge!!!! I like your adaption of it as well.. and.. I did a pano this week and may even make it b&w to see how it looks.. See what you have done to me!!!!! UGH!!! j/k

Thanks for the comments everyone!!!! They are always welcomed and appreciated...

Kim