Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

a clandestine meeting with the K5
Posted By: tessfully, 03-21-2012, 08:27 AM

I snuck out early with the K5 to see for myself what the fuss is about... Here are a couple of my photos from this morning...they make me happy

Views: 1,772
03-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
WoW... thank you everyone for such great feedback!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Love the clarity and color Tess and the K-5 is now on sale for $999. You would have matching K-5's in the house, that is a lot cheaper than matching Corvettes in the driveway.
Thanks Bob! I mentioned your suggestion and lo, the next time we went out shooting he insisted I use the K5...(I still love my Kx, glad to have it back, so very happy)

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusyoung Quote
The first shot with the subject is nice, the background being out of focus
Thank you marcus!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
I think the K5 and you wil get along just fine. Wonderful detail in all.
Thanks Bruce! I do enjoy the privilege, that's for sure!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Nice shots. I like the first one the best.
Thanks so much Rondec!

QuoteOriginally posted by lamented bovine Quote
Simply magnifient, a wonderfull series of shots.

Shane

Shane, that is such a nice comment! Thank you very much!

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
beautiful detail and perspective(s).... made me happy too tess... thanks! dave m
Thanks Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Very nicely done, tess - primarily because of you, not the camera.

Jer
Jer, thank you for commenting...that is so nice to read. I do agree that the photographer needs to compose the image and set the camera properly. I've sure made lots of mistakes that even the K5 is not designed to correct!

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
These are beautiful shots, Tess! That Tamron macro really is sharp and the bokeh is gorgeous!! Inspiring work.
Lori, I love that Tamron. It is my favourite lens by a long shot. Thank you for the wonderful comments!

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
A nice series of shots Tess with the K5.Keep em coming.--charliezap
Thank you Charlie

QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
great series, I really like the detail in second shot.

cheers
Thanks Cee Cee, That second shot has really grown on me, so I am glad you like it. Thank you for your nice comments!

03-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oops, I missed a few!

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Like them all Tess! The first one is really nice, love the rusty red|brown color!!!
Thank you joe, yes, the colours really do it for me too.

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Beautiful colours Tess - makes me jealous that I can't find more daylight time to sneak out with my K-5.
Couple of suggestions - more for curiosity than because I think I know what I'm talking about. On the first photo try cropping the right side close to the flower that is in focus, so that it ends up on the far right. On the last photo I'd be inclined to crop about 1/2 to 1 inch (on my screen) all round.
Thank you MSL, I really appreciate your suggestions and will see how they look cropped. I can already see the last one would be much better cropped. thanks again!

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
That 3rd photo must be a dogwood
All nice and sharp!
That's my Kenzie! She is hard to photograph because she never stops moving, so I am really happy with that shot! Thanks for commenting Den!!

QuoteOriginally posted by bluestringer Quote
Excellent. Nice detail and colors.
Thank you bluestringer. I have been taking a page out of your book so I appreciate the comments!
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think I would send it back, half of the first shot is out of focus. I like this shot and the pic of the dog. What a beautiful dog. (I also like your white dog).
03-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

When did you get the K5! Those are great shots, in particular the Doggie with the straw in his mouth.....what a cool Doggie! You can thank me for making Norm give your Doggies back to you...he does good, but you do better with them!
Regards!

03-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I think I would send it back, half of the first shot is out of focus. I like this shot and the pic of the dog. What a beautiful dog. (I also like your white dog).
Very funny cardinal! Thank you for commenting!! Yes the white dog Tripper is usually the photogenic one, it is rare to get a good shot of Kenzie.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
When did you get the K5! Those are great shots, in particular the Doggie with the straw in his mouth.....what a cool Doggie! You can thank me for making Norm give your Doggies back to you...he does good, but you do better with them!
Regards!
Hey Rupert ... it is a long and complicated story but I broke my kx and that allowed thoughts of purchasing a K5 which we did and then I ended up with a Kx as well... I have actually had the K5 out a couple of times now and decidedly jumped on the K5 band wagon ... although I still think my Kx is a fine camera. And thank you for reminding Norman that the doggies are mine... lets work on the K5 now!