Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A famous actor (In Belgium)
Lens: Tamron 90mm Macro Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Beerse 
Posted By: Vorture, 03-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Well today I went on some street and architectural photography in Bruges. While I was searching for something interesting to shoot, I found myself walking into an open air movie set.
I stayed for a bit and watched the actor do his work. After a short period of time I was able to talk to the actor and he agreed to a few shots, but it had to be quick.
( Pictures are actual sharper on flickr )

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,574
03-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I like this set, especially the last photo... The tone of the photo adds to the atmosphere too
03-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
I like this set, especially the last photo... The tone of the photo adds to the atmosphere too
Well thank you! First time I took the K-5 out in the streets and love it so far, TaV is the best thing ever created. I don't miss my Canon 50D at all anymore.
03-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

That very nice of him.

I've worked on a few sets and found that it's typically very annoying when the general public hangs around watching, or worse, tries to talk to you about the movies. Perhaps the general public in Toronto is more annoying than in Belgium?

03-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well everyone was really quiet (I wasn't the only one watching). They didn't really mind us standing there, but the necessary police was guarding the set of course.
If you got proper gear, ask nicely and you look a tad professional, then they don't mind giving a shot or two away. Only it needs to be quick and it needs to be after the filming.
But I was ready to shoot and all in it took 2 min. for the shots to be taken, shook hands and all was done.

So yea no one was really annoying the crap out of the crew/actors.