Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

New 48" light-tent first go
Posted By: codiac2600, 01-09-2008, 02:16 PM

So yeah I picked up a Promaster 48" light tent for $20 here at the camera store and it comes with 4 colour backdrops all made of felt and of really nice quality. Went through the test shots and here is the best stuff.

All shot using the Pentax off camera flash cable and hotshoe adapter and high-speed sync. These are roughly 1/1250th of a second at f5-8 and ISO 100.

C&C is welcome and appreciated!

Expensive bottle of Ciroc lightly used...

Angel time

Silver goblets from the 16th century

My last bottle of tequila! Oh 1800, you've done so much harm yet taste so good in my margarita!

Views: 4,725
01-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Have any pics of the tent itself? At that price, I may be interested.
I'm with ya... for $20 that's a heck of a deal. I'd love to see a pic of the tent. It's a compelling deal.

01-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the statue where it says...."I will love you all ways (many ways??) instead of always (forever). Just thought it was humorous.
01-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Beautiful results Chris. Great colours, depth and textures to the images.

Paul
01-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
That amber colored tequilla bottle is great. I have a light box, but have yet to really get comfortable with it. It is a white cube that has a velcro backdrop. It is an awkward arrangement.
btw, I caught the video you put up on night club shooting. What a great tutorial. I hope that there is a way to have these archived for continued viewing. I went to look up the one you did on changing the focus screen for a friend and couldn't find it last night. I did find it tonight though, not sure what was up last night but I was bummed. Your tutorials really are top notch. Cool that you made your bits for YouTube.
Thanks and the videos can be found on my blog at http://blogspot.codiac2600.com and also all over youtube. I'm planning to do one on water drops and timing, but I need to get my hands on a camcorder again that takes SD cards.

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
You get access to some cool, cool stuff at the store! These are wicked nifty product shots! I really love that first shot in the second set... of the pliers. And, the work with the wine glass is dandy too! But, they're all lit with your creativity... portraying a really nice tone.... very moody.

I briefly played with a smaller light tent at the camera shop the other day. Such fun!
Thanks Hamid and it is my rainy day past time now to make little projects like this and the water drops. It was well worth the money invested and I love the black background, really looks professional. I need to iron the others because the wrinkles make it look really bad IMO so off to the ironing board they go today.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
These still life photography are just getting better and better. So elegantly shot and well executed.

Stunning.
Thanks Roe and I'm going to modify the second tent I bought to do something very wicked, and I'll show that to you guys hopefully tonight. First I have to buy some cheap thin glassware...

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
Far out! this just keeps getting better!Way to showcase some skills there. I really love the details and the specular control on display here. This almost looks CG.
Thank you and the lighting has a lot to do with it and I also switched to the DA* 16-50 on the newer product shots and you cna't tell the difference between it and the FA 50mm 1.4

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Chris, at that price plus shipping, would you consider shipping to Canada?
I would be and I'll ask my order guy to get me a few more since I bought all but the display model and have begun to modify them for an evil purpose! :ugh:

QuoteOriginally posted by devisor:
impressive result.. and only 20.. if I was into product shoots.. I would buy one myself ..
Oh, it's not just for product shots and hopefully Ill show the results soon, but it'll take some practice.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96:
Have any pics of the tent itself? At that price, I may be interested.
I shall get some pics up tonight of the one I'm not modifying and also the modified version!

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt:
I'm with ya... for $20 that's a heck of a deal. I'd love to see a pic of the tent. It's a compelling deal.
No worries, I should be able to get plenty of them from dealers, just not sure how to go about explaining to my boss when I need more than 2!

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43:
I like the statue where it says...."I will love you all ways (many ways??) instead of always (forever). Just thought it was humorous.
Ah, very few people have noticed that. The only reason I picked that up was to give to a fine lady one day and to chuckle when I come over and see it.

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler:
Beautiful results Chris. Great colours, depth and textures to the images.

Paul
Why thank you Paul!

01-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For that price I'll buy a light tent from you as well.

-George
01-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Chris, at that price plus shipping, would you consider shipping to Canada?
damn ... at that price I'd be interested in getting a price to have it shipped to Australia
That's an awesome price in any language.