Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Quincenera
Lens: DA-L 18-55mm Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: College Station, TX 
Posted By: jbuck92, 03-24-2012, 01:32 PM

I started a thread a few days ago about a quincenera that I was shooting. Here are 2 of what I thought were the best that I had shot for the party that is tonight. The family had these 2 blown up to 24x36" and are being dispalyed on an easel at the entry way to the party.

1/50s, F5.6, 55mm, 100 ISO

1/100s, F3.5, 18mm, 100 ISO
Views: 783
03-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have passed the family test. I agree with them. You have done very well indeed. The first is a lovely shot of a relaxed young lady. I like it a lot. The second, is in patchy light and has a complicated background, The highlight to the side of her face and on the dress do just enough to pull this out of the background.
03-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Yup, nice shots. Nothing more to be said, really
03-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you! A friend of mine gave me a bit of critique saying that I should have shot at a lower angle to hide the buildings on the left corner behind the tree, the green is over saturated and to dodge the girl a bit to lighten her up. Opinions? I kind I like the lush green coloring.

03-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi. I don't think there have been many photos I have taken where I wish I could go back and do it again from a different angle. Cropping or cloning, vignette even may also help remove the buildings but these are not scene killers. To be honest I did not really notice them until now. The focus is on the girl. Yes, you could dodge her face and dress a little but very, very lightly. Too much would blow out the highlights that are there. I do not object to the green. I would be interested to see what improvements you can make, if you chose to do so.
03-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The only PP work I did was a little skin tone correction and curve adjustments. If I adjust the blue luminance a bit it can bring out the girl just a hair more, but it's almost negligible because of possible blow outs. When I'm back home I'll play around a bit and see if there is anything else that could be done. I didn't notice the buildings either until my friend mentioned it. I may try cloning them but it may be more of a hassle than its worth.