Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A simple question
Posted By: Workingdog, 01-09-2008, 04:26 PM

When I add photos to my posts using the "manage attachmens" button I notice a bar entitled "sum of all attachments owned by Workingdog" marching relentlessly to the right.
What happens when the entire bar has turned red? Does my computer explode? Do I get kicked off the forum? Am I banned from posting photos? Please, say it ain't so!!!!!
Seriously, what does it mean and what do I need to do. I have very little green left.
WD
Views: 1,288
01-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Workingdog Quote
When I add photos to my posts using the "manage attachmens" button I notice a bar entitled "sum of all attachments owned by Workingdog" marching relentlessly to the right.
What happens when the entire bar has turned red? Does my computer explode? Do I get kicked off the forum? Am I banned from posting photos? Please, say it ain't so!!!!!
Seriously, what does it mean and what do I need to do. I have very little green left.
WD
hey mate.. each user has a certain amount of space allocated for uploaded images,,, the red bar indicates that you have exceeded the amount of images to be uploaded.. you can either go into ure settings and remove previous images that you have uploaded, to make way for new ones or you can do what i do and goto Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and upload images from there. Photobucket is a image hosting site which allows you to upload thousands of images for free. once you have uploaded with photobucket, you are given a link in which you can copy and paste.That way, you dont have a problem with clogging up ure allocated space, as the images are a re-direct from another image hosting site...
if any of that sounds confusing, just reply in this thread and ill help you.

ps- here is a link to a sticky thread that might help you understand a bit more...https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/6-how-post-photos.html

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-09-2008 at 04:53 PM.
01-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Frustrated

Thanks for the explanation, but I tried using the user gallery to upload from and... nada
Under my photo in the gallery is...

So I just copied this whole thing and pasted it in the "upload from a URL" box in "manage attachements" then clicked the "upload" button and, voila, nothing but an error message that says "Upload errors invalid file". Also tried to copy and paste the [URL] thing under my photo.
Again with the error message.

Why isn't this working?

OK, so OBVIOUSLY it worked but I still don't understand the error messages. AND where the picture appears above I had pasted the [IMG] wrapped gallery location. Do I have to do that all the time?

Last edited by Workingdog; 01-09-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Well, it seems to have worked despite the error messages
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Workingdog Quote
WD
Another alternative is to become a site supporter. The link explains how you can - among other things - expand your upload capacity significantly for a small donation towards the maintenance and operation of this website.

There ya go - a shameless plug for Adam.