Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

More Cedar Waxwings
Posted By: GvilleRick, 03-25-2012, 04:04 PM

I mentioned in another thread that I saw several birds flying around our front porch today and discovered many cedar waxwings feeding on the berries of a holly in our front yard. Later this afternoon I went out and saw over two dozen of them perched in the trees along our drive and they would fly down in groups to grab berries and then fly back to perch. Here are some shots, all with the Sigma 170-500 and various apertures.

Views: 1,568
04-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
After a couple of weeks of not seeing "our bird friends" as my grandson calls the Cedar Waxwings, I notice a stir in the holly bush outside our window and when I went over to look a dozen or more waxwings flew out. I closed the curtains some to lessen the view into the house and waited and watched for a while. Sure enough they returned and I was able to shoot several shots with a Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 and even used a fill flash. I was surprised that they didn't seem to mind the flash since most times they are spooked by even a little movement. These are shot through the double-paned glass.