Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cornell CA
Lens: Various Camera: K-5 Photo Location: The hills 
Posted By: SpecialK, 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM

The little town of Cornell is on the Mulhulland Hwy, above Malibu.

The rock store (The Rock Store) is a very popular biker eatery on the weekends. It was also used in an episode of The Wonder Years in the early 90's. I have a Wonder Years website, so I wanted to check it out. I went on a rainy day to have minimal crowds.

A mile back in town is the Old Place restaurant. It has some assorted buildings, like this one. Somewhat regulated and limited seating arrangements. http://oldplacecornell.com/info

Winery and waiting room for the bar at The Old Place.

There may be a few other things in the area which I will save for a sunny day...such as the Peter Strauss Ranch park with a (now dry) swimming pool that could hold 2,000 people.

Last edited by SpecialK; 03-26-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Views: 907
03-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have heard of the place, but never visited. Thanks for the tour, looks like a cool place.
03-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Have lived in SoCal for much of my life, and drive through Malibu several times a week, but never heard of this place! What's the nearest cross-street? Looks like a place I need to go check out.
03-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Have lived in SoCal for much of my life, and drive through Malibu several times a week, but never heard of this place! What's the nearest cross-street? Looks like a place I need to go check out.
Kanan Dume south from 405. Go a couple miles (bottom of long grade), turn left on Troutdale then left on Mulholland Hwy and it's a block or so to Cornell. Or, a right instead of a left on Mulhulland, then go a mile or so...rock store on the left. Link for the rock store is in the first post.

Last edited by SpecialK; 03-26-2012 at 02:14 PM.