Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Vacation --> Inspiration
Posted By: nate_b, 03-26-2012, 11:16 PM

I am currently a few days into a much needed vacation with the family and loving every minute of it. This welcome liberation from the daily grind has also meant liberation from the camera bag for my K-x and DA35 Limited. Vacation has led to inspiration, and inspiration to photos. While I am by no means claiming these photos are inspired (all of them were taken on family outings with the kids in tow), I am happy to say that I have been inspired to shoot again. For me, that is cause for celebration in and of itself:

[See Through]

[Together]

[Look at Me]

[Look at You]

[NO DIVING]

[Francisco's]

[Swirl]

[Flake and Bubble]

[Stain]

[Walk This Way]

[Retro Rimrocks]

[Colorful Cone]

[Bedazzled]

[The Rack]

[7]

[Cactus Canvas]

[The Shadow Line]

Views: 1,797
03-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Wow... excellent series. I loved each and every shot... great perspective, very inspiring I just love the first shot, and also the peeling paint and the stain shots, number seven and the shadow line ... well, they are all really good and very interesting...I never would have thought of photographing a rack of colourful clothes and it works wonderfully.
You are too kind. Glad you enjoyed the series and thanks for commenting.

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Glad you're enjoying your vacation, thanks for taking us along. Good stuff
Happy to do so, Tom. Thanks for looking.

QuoteOriginally posted by WWIFA Quote
Great stuff, enjoyed these a bunch. Good that you're behind the camera. You're inspiring me.
Bruce
Thank you, Bruce. Take care.

Best,
Nate

03-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You must have coined the term, "eclectic," nate - 1,3,4 and the last are especially impressive to my eye.

Jer
03-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
Veteran Member

The vibrant colours and texture on some of the images are surperb.How good are those limited lenses?Great series to look at!!
03-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You've got a great view of the world. You have taken items we see in everyday life and made them very interesting. Great series.

03-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
You must have coined the term, "eclectic," nate - 1,3,4 and the last are especially impressive to my eye.

Jer
"Eclectic" - I like it. I can certainly think of worse descriptors for my photography! Good to hear from you, Jer.

QuoteOriginally posted by Barnster Quote
The vibrant colours and texture on some of the images are surperb.How good are those limited lenses?Great series to look at!!
While I don't have experience with any other Limited lenses, the DA35 is quite special from my experience. Thanks for your comments, Barnster.

QuoteOriginally posted by KansasPen Quote
You've got a great view of the world. You have taken items we see in everyday life and made them very interesting. Great series.
I appreciate it, KansasPen. The DA35 Limited is a lens that encourages me to capture those details in everyday items that can make them a bit more interesting.

Best,
Nate
04-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #21
Forum Member

Wow, so bold, colorful, textural! You have a great sense of design and composition. Maybe you should go on vacations more often. Are you sure you go to an office every day?!?!!
04-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by captureit Quote
Wow, so bold, colorful, textural! You have a great sense of design and composition. Maybe you should go on vacations more often. Are you sure you go to an office every day?!?!!
Thanks, captureit. I'm in agreement - more vacation, less work!

Best,
Nate