Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
It's a Canon World---for now
Lens: 18-250 Pentax Camera: K5 Photo Location: Jet Blue Park--Ft Myers Fl ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F5.8 
Posted By: charliezap, 03-28-2012, 02:11 PM

That's all I see at sports venues is Canons and Nikons which are nice cameras also. I hope that Pentax catches up but if not I'm very happy with what I have at present.--charliezap
Name:  009-1a.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  236.9 KB

Views: 923
03-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
she needs to pull her shorts down a wee bit lol TAN LINE
03-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Charlie, I can think of so many things to say, but I just can't say them here.:ugh:
03-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am always amazed that people carry their lenses/cameras that way. It makes me think they are more interested in being seen - especially with big-white-lenses. It screams "poser" to me.

When I am using my larger glass, it's only out when I am taking images. It goes back in the lens case as soon as I am done. Too much can happen if I walk around with it.

Let alone walking around with two, attached to the bodies.

03-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by theflyingjocksman Quote
I think she maybe a tad hungry
03-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I love a woman with big lenses,
03-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by theflyingjocksman Quote
...dem ladies always suck their panties up...at least the plump ones do!
03-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I love a woman with big lenses,
hahahahahahahahahaha

03-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I am always amazed that people carry their lenses/cameras that way. It makes me think they are more interested in being seen - especially with big-white-lenses. It screams "poser" to me.

When I am using my larger glass, it's only out when I am taking images. It goes back in the lens case as soon as I am done. Too much can happen if I walk around with it.

the big lens on the monopod has no body attached that I can see. I have been known to carry my long lenses like that too, but without a body it defeats the purpose of having the lens out.

The other thing to remember is that many pro's either write off their kit over a few short years (taxes capitol assets etc), or the glass is supplied by their paper. they don't care as much when it is not really theirs.

Have you ever seen a used pro lens, I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, because there is every likelyhood it will cost more to put back into shape than you pay for it.

also, considering where the photographer is, at that venu, it probably costs the paper at least that much for the press pass
03-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter

That is one big-ass lens.
03-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks all for the comments.There was an old guy on the field taking shots and he had a Canon lens that was twice as big as the one in the picture.---charliezap
03-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Ive got a Nikon 80-200 that looks like the kids have played football with it one afternoon lol. Impressive it still works fine !!!!!
03-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote

I think that's a little harsh Lauren. She looks like she is at some sort of match (it doesn't really matter what, football, rugby, 7's, hockey, baseball etc.) and I've done those shoots on a handful of occasions. You carry the lens like that (I have no idea why there is no body attached as it defeats the object) because they are damn heavy and that weight adds up over the course of a day's shoot (and the shoot will usually cover everything from sponsor shots to the award ceremony etc. meaning maybe 4-5 hours of shooting for a 90 minute event).

She looks like she has a 300/2.8 (I don't know Canon lenses that well) and a 70-200. I usually carry the DA*300 (with or without convertor - usually without) on a monopod and a Sigma 50-150 on a harness. You can't be ready to shoot at a moment's notice if they are all packed neatly away, you've got to have them ready to go ... and my back still kills me by the end of the day !
03-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Capn - you can sure spot 'em. You'd think that the authorities wouldn't allow antitank weapons at a public event.

Jer