Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
from my fishing trip
Posted By: little laker, 09-17-2006, 08:49 PM

I'm a very lucky man to live in such a beautiful area, and have good friends to go fishing with.

Here's some pictures from the last 5 days at a friends fishing cabin.

I wasn't driving

this guy is a real theif

they'll even steal food from your fingers up there

Views: 2,352
09-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 1st, 4th, and 6th pics are just great in terms of technique and composition- great work!

There's definitely way too much sky in the 3rd, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah I like the green lake one too. The one after it is probably good too, but I think the others being so bright detract from it a bit.
09-18-2006, 01:46 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
From My fishing Trip

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
The 1st, 4th, and 6th pics are just great in terms of technique and composition- great work!

There's definitely way too much sky in the 3rd, though.
Hi Little Laker:
I'm glad to see your post, and really like the pictures. I have to agree with Adam The 1st, 4th, and 6th, are the best shots. However all are nice, I like the composition of the 3rd, and 5th, the colors are really pleasing but Your 3rd, shows too much sky. Your 5th, I like the reflection of the sky on the water, but you need to add just a little fill light or correct the highlights just a little to lighten up your back ground I think there is just too much shadow, but I find the shot very interesting. Keep shooting, and posting.
Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

09-18-2006, 02:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Little Laker, you are right, you are blessed and I am glad to see you taking advantage of it. Your 1st picture is excellent composition and your 4th picture strikes emotion. You for sure have a good eye, just need to polish up the technique, I am the furthest from a professional photographer so you can take that with a grain of salt. Thanks for sharing your photos and keep up the good work!
09-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks folks,

About the sky picture.
I live in the hottest driest part of Canada, so I've seen very few clouds in the last 4 months.
And when I have seen them they've usually been black and resulted in a thunder storm.
As a result I found it intresting.

I guess that it just proves that we all have different tastes, which is what makes this hobby so intresting.
We'll never see the same picture twice
09-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #7
Inactive Account

from my fishing trip

I agree with you 100% Little Laker And I guess if I we're in your place I would be thrilled to see this kind of Sky. I know here in PA up untill last week the sky was hazy and looked overcast with no rain for a month, it was so dry. Last week that changed with 4 streight days of good soaking rain. when the sun came back out Sat. the sky was so blue and briliant. It's like the rain washed all the haze away and showed us what mother nature would call a good house cleaning. As I said in my last post I liked all of your shots and i liked the composition in each as well.

Good Shooting
cheers: David