Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Posted By: LED, 01-10-2008, 05:40 PM

What a life...can't wait for the summer. These are nice shots. If I were you, I wouldn't go with BW for this type of photos. Imho the colors, this is what makes them beautifull in the first place.
Views: 2,197
01-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wakeboarding Pics From Today

hey guys.. well, we were out at the local beach, kiteboarding today and i decided i would get some snaps also... hope you like them,, i am pretty pleased with the way they came out.. take into concideration it was 41 degrees and the wind was blowing extremely hard.. i was getting a free 'sand blasting'... which was awesome for the camera and lense,lol.. oh well, all in fun,,. i was trying to get my mate to take pics of me on the board, but all the shots were dreadfully out of focus,it can be hard to focus, as you go quite fast and the water is always changing.. the auto focus has a hard time choosing what to focus onto.lol... ill havto get my girlfriend to get some pics for me sometime.. ive taught her how to take shots

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-11-2008 at 02:24 AM.
01-11-2008, 01:01 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LED Quote
What a life...can't wait for the summer. These are nice shots. If I were you, I wouldn't go with BW for this type of photos. Imho the colors, this is what makes them beautifull in the first place.
hey mate, thanks, glad u like the shots yeh, i really like b&w. haha! but i know what u mean.. and ure probably correct!!

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-11-2008 at 01:06 AM.
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Cool shots, Kevin!

I had visited beaches 3 times over last 2 weeks. There was no wind and heat was unbearable. Hence no wake boarding at all!

Where was that spotted? I wanna trace them down too

01-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Cool shots, Kevin!

I had visited beaches 3 times over last 2 weeks. There was no wind and heat was unbearable. Hence no wake boarding at all!

Where was that spotted? I wanna trace them down too
thanks mate
well if you want to trace them down, give me a call and ill tell you where we are going,hah!! ive been wakeboarding for about 4 years now.. we always goto edithvale or aspendale beach. sometimes we goto phillip island also..
01-11-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Great action shots! I never complain about warm weather - six months of winter gets plenty dull!

Now - from a snow-bound Canadian - just what the heck are they hanging on to? I don't understand what device is attached to the wires of the handle.
01-11-2008, 02:22 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Great action shots! I never complain about warm weather - six months of winter gets plenty dull!

Now - from a snow-bound Canadian - just what the heck are they hanging on to? I don't understand what device is attached to the wires of the handle.
hah!! ok then... imagine a short snowboard... u are secured into the board with slip in bindings.. then around ure waist and chest, u have a harness vest that is secured to nylon cable that is secured to a kite.. its called kiteboarding.. it works the same way as windsurfing, except the sail is up in the air... its extremely hard at the start, but u get used to it after a while,,. i hope that makes sense mate,lol
heres another shot i took a few months ago... it might explain it easier...

ps.i just realise that i named this thread wakeboarding!! lol.. ooops.. i was wakeboarding a few days ago.. im getting muddles up.. too many boarding.. surfboards,kiteboards,wakeboards,skateboards etc etc lol

01-11-2008, 04:14 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Ah ... now I understand! Thanks for the pic.
01-11-2008, 06:45 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Very cool Kevin - the waves do indeed look like there were coperating for some series boarding. I like #3 the best - what lens were you using ?
01-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Ah ... now I understand! Thanks for the pic.
no worrys mate
01-11-2008, 08:21 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Very cool Kevin - the waves do indeed look like there were coperating for some series boarding. I like #3 the best - what lens were you using ?
thanx mate ....yer ,it was ideal conditions really.. some of the bigger sets of waves where around 4 foot, so they made for some interesting jumps.. hah!! my mate managed to hang in the air for almost 7 seconds which was pretty kool. his only a learner, so he was stoked!!!
yer, #3 is my fav also.. i like #1 aswell.
i was using my sigma AF 70-210mm 1:4 - 5.6 lense.
01-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Very nice Kevin,

That looks like a fun sport, and you captured it nicely.
01-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #13
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Challenging shots,
Mate you've done great.
Love the adventure-type photography...
Thanks for showing us.
01-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Very nice Kevin,

That looks like a fun sport, and you captured it nicely.

thanks mate, yer, its awesome fun!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Challenging shots,
Mate you've done great.
Love the adventure-type photography...
Thanks for showing us.
cheers mate, i appreciate the feedback! im goen surfing today, so my camera is coming along.. also,i have a waterproof case for my old cannon a530 ,so i will get some underwater shots of the surf rolling through,and show u guys later on today once i get back... ( i know its not pentax, but i dont think i can even get an underwater case for my k100ds? and if i could, it would probably cost alot of money im guessing..lol.. so if anyone who works for pentax is reading this... im open for sponsorship.. the ocean is my playground and taking shots of it is natural to me, always has been, always will be