Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
It's great getting back home.
Lens: pentax 18-250 Camera: k5 Photo Location: Naples Fl. 
Posted By: charliezap, 04-02-2012, 03:20 PM

The vacation was great but it's nice to be back in familiar surroundings.I flew my Red Sox colors proudly while in Naples.I now have a profound appreciation for truck drivers and mobile home drivers.It is quite harrowing when the 4 lanes goes down to 2 lanes and everyone is doing 80MPH and the guy behind you is only 2 car lengths in back while the pack is passing a line of 18 wheelers and motor homes.Going down wasn't too bad but the mountain route coming back through Virginia and Pennsylvania was quite an experience.I think that next time I'll rent a car for a month in Florida.I missed everyone on the Forum and now a semblance of normalcy should be the vogue.--charliezap
Name:  001-aZAP-1.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  233.9 KB

Views: 744
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome back charliezap!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a great trip.
04-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome home Charlie, now it is back to the reality of retirement. Welcome to my world of traveling the highways and byways in a motorhome towing a Jeep, always interesting for sure.
04-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome home, Capn. I'm glad you had a great time, and now you have a spring, summer and fall in New England to anticipate! A great time to be in Massachusetts.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 04-03-2012 at 09:59 AM.
04-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Glad to have you back Charlie. Hope your vacation was everything you wanted it to be and judging from the pics you posted, looked like it was.
04-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Welcome back charliezap!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a great trip.
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Welcome home Charlie, now it is back to the reality of retirement. Welcome to my world of traveling the highways and byways in a motorhome towing a Jeep, always interesting for sure.
It certainly is a big country out there. I'm surprised that there aren't more high speed accidents with the amount of traffic on the roads going at such high speeds so close together.--charliezap
04-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it's really nice to get away.... also nice to get back to the friendly confines of home.... dave m

04-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Welcome home, Capn. I'm glad you had a great time, and now you have a spring, summer and fall in New England to anticipate! A great time to be in Massachusetts.

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Glad to have you back Charlie. Hope your vacation was everything you wanted it to be and judging from the pics you posted, looked like it was.
We haven't been home that long and my wife is already looking for a vacation down in Cape Cod for the June time frame.--capn zap
04-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome back. Did you by any chance come back via I-81 through VA and PA? There is a ton of traffic on that interstate all the time, just like it is on I-95.
04-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
it's really nice to get away.... also nice to get back to the friendly confines of home.... dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Welcome back. Did you by any chance come back via I-81 through VA and PA? There is a ton of traffic on that interstate all the time, just like it is on I-95.
It is relaxing to be back in familiar surroundings Dave.We did drive I-81 through Va and Pa.I can't imagine what those roads are like with snow and ice on them.--charliezap