Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First photo shoot of the year (5 images)
Posted By: hamidlmt, 01-11-2008, 01:26 AM

I worked with Megan, a 17 year old aspiring model, yesterday afternoon at her family's property. I took my whole bag, but only used the FA 31mm 1.8 Limited and DA* 50-135mm 2.8.

Feedback is welcome. Thanks for looking!

Views: 1,364
01-11-2008, 06:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ilike what you have done with the natural light. Torn between #1 and #4 as favorite. #3 is Cinderella I assume Not sure if I like #2, I usually think this angle works for most but not sure why in this I an not fealing it. Good work overall in my eyes. I say anytime you have a willing model and time you are ahead of the game. Keep at it.
01-11-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

That's funny I was thinking Cindarella as well - too dark I think. The last one I think the eyes need to be a little more in foucs. I think #1 amd #3 are my favorite.
01-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Ilike what you have done with the natural light. Torn between #1 and #4 as favorite. #3 is Cinderella I assume Not sure if I like #2, I usually think this angle works for most but not sure why in this I an not fealing it. Good work overall in my eyes. I say anytime you have a willing model and time you are ahead of the game. Keep at it.
I hear you about #2. She has a face that needs just the right angle. I wasn't always finding it and she, being inexperienced, wasn't always providing it. I have a few other similar shots that perhaps work better.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
That's funny I was thinking Cindarella as well - too dark I think. The last one I think the eyes need to be a little more in foucs. I think #1 amd #3 are my favorite.
Of course, it was intentionally dark to highlight the mop and shoe... always an experiment.

And, you're quite right about the eyes in the last. I tend to focus on one eye only, but in this one it would have been nice to increase DoF, but I was already at 1/20 sec... now that I think about it, it may have been some motion blur keeping the eyes soft.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited by hamidlmt; 01-11-2008 at 09:22 AM.
01-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is a very nice series Hamid, I like them all exept # 2 and love the last one with the focus on the lips. Thanks for posting them,

take care, Heinrich
01-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

could just be me, my strained eyes and the fact that I am still working, but the next to last one looked a bit like Michelle Williams (brokeback mountain, dawson's creek, heath ledger's wife...)

nice pics.
01-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

#3 & 4, my personal pick. They're very expressive, and the model is quite pretty.

01-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
That is a very nice series Hamid, I like them all exept # 2 and love the last one with the focus on the lips. Thanks for posting them,

take care, Heinrich
Thanks Heinrich!

QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
could just be me, my strained eyes and the fact that I am still working, but the next to last one looked a bit like Michelle Williams (brokeback mountain, dawson's creek, heath ledger's wife...)

nice pics.
hmm... I can see that. They have similarly shaped faces, lips, etc.

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
#3 & 4, my personal pick. They're very expressive, and the model is quite pretty.
Thanks... she was fun to work with! We'll probably do another shoot in the spring.