Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
bugs and a dogwood
Posted By: loco, 04-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Now that it's spring and the critters are out, I'm trying out macro photography again. These three images were taken with the Panagor 90mm/f2.8 lens.

I find macro photography incredibly frustrating. Most of my shots are out of focus and those crazy bugs want to move around all the time! I guess I got lucky and happened to catch them still in these images. Nice thing about flowers is they cooperate!

Anyway, I hope you like these. Thanks very much for taking a look!

Views: 1,029
04-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, with and without a flash are different. With a macro ring flash you get a soft light without hardly any shadows, and the Sunpak I have has 4 power settings from full to 1/16th, so you can use just about any aperture you want and supplement the outdoor light. I like the detail I get, and see no problem with contrast. Besides I can't hold a steady hand like I use to, and the flash really helps the shaking. But I still like shooting without a flash also whenever I can.