Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
SkySong
Lens: DA 12-24 Camera: K5 Photo Location: ASU's SkySong Research Park ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: >6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: interested_observer, 04-07-2012, 10:45 PM

I was out the last couple of evenings with the K5 looking for something interesting to shoot. ASU - Arizona State University has a Research Park called SkySong that had some interesting architecture. So here are a couple of views. The first one is a general perspective shot using the DA 12-24. The last two are using the DA 10-17 Fish eye - sorry if you get a bit sea sick on these. I needed to get down low, and I was using the Liveview feature (which is pretty neat in my opinion - and for this extremely useful), however I could not get down low enough to see the entire rear screen to try to take the horizon in to account. On the camera, these looked good. On the monitor after getting home, I see that I really did not achieve what I intended with the horizon - which would have been difficult in any account due to wanting to get most of the shot, up into the tenting structure.

Also, with the square geometric patterns of the pavement against the soft curves and lights of the tenting structure, coupled with the fisheye effect to pull in the wide angle effect that you the observer sees all around you, is a pretty difficult task - so enjoy....

Attached Images

Last edited by interested_observer; 04-08-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Views: 914
04-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All great shots, clear and crisp which is hard to do on this type of night shots. The fisheye shots are special, thanks for sharing all of them. Bob