Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
More B & W !
Posted By: dantuyhoa, 01-12-2008, 12:03 AM

Must be the gloomy winter ! Make me think of BW ! Few film shots .

Ugly Tree

Wood Bridge

Where is she ??

C & C welcome as always
Views: 1,009
01-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
40 views and no C & C !

That bad , eh ?

Hit me ! Hit me !

I need to learn !
01-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Great B&W shots with a lot of impact. I especially like the angle you used for the bridge shot. Where is that castle?

Paul
01-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Very nice indeed! The tree can't decide if it should grow up or down. Like Paul says, I like the low angle on the bridge it gives it more character. And the castle is simply awesome - perfect subject for a B&W picture.

01-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Whoa ! Thanks for the much needed attention , guys , like sunshine after a rainy day

It actually is very nice out now , after a whole week of rain . And I' m just about to get out there .

The tree was a short distance off the hike I did during summer . It was creepy though because there was not a sound of anything near it . I set up my gear , shot and ran away .

The bridge is on the same park . My niece is 4 year-old and she always has this wonderful look in her face when she sees something new . So one day I decided to shoot many things at a low angle just like her vision !

The castle is here in NAPA county , California ! We think our Pentax CBA is bad ! This guy spent 36M USD to build this from scatch for his new winery ! So much detailed , original hand-made stuffs that I could shoot a week to cover them all . Talking about some serious CBA -Castle Building Addiction !!!

I will come back for some more shoot . An IR version has crosses my mind .

Some nice cloud would add more impact , I guess . The strings on stakes are quite bright , modern plastic kind so I thought I would convert it to BW to hide it . Look like somebody is ready to attack the caslte
01-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #6

Nice shots, as mentioned above the angle on the bridge is great.

I usually tend to like strong contrast B&W shots, but the first image you had with the trees isn't really appealing to me, as my eye isn't really being drawn to a particular spot in the picture. (not like i'm any better at taking pictures... LOL)

Finally, i'm liking the landscape shot of the castle! great subject.

hope my C&C helps!

Regards
01-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gtolentino2 Quote

I usually tend to like strong contrast B&W shots, but the first image you had with the trees isn't really appealing to me, as my eye isn't really being drawn to a particular spot in the picture.

hope my C&C helps!
Ain't that the true ! That tree is every where . In fact I get dizzy if I look at it too long .

Thanks so much .