Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Return of the goldfinches
Posted By: charliezap, 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM

Nature is coming back with all her colors.The goldfinches were shot from 50ft away with the 55-300 pentax lens.As you can see I taped off some of the openings in the larger seed feeder.If I didn't I would be filling it everyday when the bigger birds are feeding..--charliezap
[IMG][/IMG]
Views: 1,736
04-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shots, Charlie! I don't see as many goldfinches as I used to, but they are around. I love how colorful they are, you captured them so well!

04-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Nice bird shots Charlie! I love the finches... watching them really lifts my spirits! Thanks for sharing!!
04-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Back indeed and hungry ! Well done Charlie.
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I have that same feeder that shows in your 2nd shot.--charliezap
The squirrels have now destroyed this feed too. They chewed a hole into the bottom of one of the ports so it doesn't get covered up anymore. The seed also pours right out of the feeder.

04-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Love these birds Charlie. Keep them coming as they change color.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice ones Charlie!...I look forward to more as they get all their color. Mine are all gone now.....I miss them! Just got too hot for them here I guess?
Regards!
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Very nice shots, Charlie! I don't see as many goldfinches as I used to, but they are around. I love how colorful they are, you captured them so well!
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Nice bird shots Charlie! I love the finches... watching them really lifts my spirits! Thanks for sharing!!
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Back indeed and hungry ! Well done Charlie.
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The squirrels have now destroyed this feed too. They chewed a hole into the bottom of one of the ports so it doesn't get covered up anymore. The seed also pours right out of the feeder.
This time of year the colors of flora and fauna are coming fast.The squirrels don't bother my finch feeders because of the baffle on the pole that they can't get around..--charliezap