Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Canadian Tale
Lens: DA 55-300 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta 
Posted By: daacon, 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM

So spring is here and the snowbirds head back to their home town.

Upon landing you wonder if someone played an April fools joke and it's still winter

Finally you find some open water and dive in to have a cold one ...

Now you know why you came back - nothing like a Canadian Cold one no matter what species you are

Last edited by daacon; 04-10-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Views: 719
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
love the narrative Dave, too funny. It made me wonder what he was thinking in #2, what the heck??
04-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Brooke Meyer

Except for ones like these who've taken up year round residency in North Carolina.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-10-2012, 04:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
love the narrative Dave, too funny. It made me wonder what he was thinking in #2, what the heck??
Thanks Bob - I can't tell the age of geese , if this is his first rodeo then yep he must be wondering, if he has been around the block a few times, it's old hat

QuoteOriginally posted by Brooke Meyer Quote
Except for ones like these who've taken up year round residency in North Carolina.
Thanks Brooke - indeed just like our species some decide to stay full time and say the heck with that weather ! The Geese are not subject to the 180 day rule we are

04-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After the second shot, the third shot gave me shudder at the thought of how cold that water is into which the goose has plunged his head. You might say I got goose pimples.
04-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
Pentaxian

It is the time of year Dave when the snowbirds return and I'm looking forward to it.--charliezap
04-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
Pentaxian

NIce BIF shot there Dave. We're packing for our first canoe trip of the year, so, the ice has been gone here for a while. Ours are already checking out nesting sites.

04-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Dave that is such a funny series. Made me giggle with my coffee. The golf courses here would appreciate it if you kept enough of those Canadian cold ones on tap so that those birds would quit dropping their business on tees and greens.
04-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
After the second shot, the third shot gave me shudder at the thought of how cold that water is into which the goose has plunged his head. You might say I got goose pimples.
haha the water is very cold however the ice is melting daily. Will have to go out tonight and see how it looks today.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
It is the time of year Dave when the snowbirds return and I'm looking forward to it.--charliezap
Me too Charlie best of luck in capturing them
04-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Birds only know that its time so the ice is only a temporary setback.The K5 is on fire and shooting well Dave TFS

cheers
04-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I love that first shot ... blue blue sky and crisp shots of birds in flight. Lovely composition too! And the ice pics make me shiver. As Norman said, we leave tomorrow for a 2 week canoe trip and I am looking our the window at snow showers. It'll be an experience. Goose biology has the right idea, btw, I am bringing my down coat and down sleeping bags.

thanks for sharing... hope your warm dry days soon arrive...
04-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
NIce BIF shot there Dave. We're packing for our first canoe trip of the year, so, the ice has been gone here for a while. Ours are already checking out nesting sites.
So I hear Norm have a great trip looking forward to seeing all of yours and Tess's pictures. Most here are also jocckying for nest position as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Dave that is such a funny series. Made me giggle with my coffee. The golf courses here would appreciate it if you kept enough of those Canadian cold ones on tap so that those birds would quit dropping their business on tees and greens.
Thanks Susan - sorry not much I can do about the extra fertilizer they are leaving. They are just trying to help out eh