Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
An evening walk in Canberra
Lens: Pentax DA 55-300 Camera: K200 Photo Location: Canberra, Australia ISO: 200 
Posted By: RobG, 04-10-2012, 02:05 AM

After being stuck inside for the whole Easter weekend, I finally had the chance to go for a short walk at sunset.

Views: 940
04-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice series, enjoyed the view. I like your crested pigeon, I find it hard to get that close with a 300m lens

cheers
04-10-2012, 04:03 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
nice series, enjoyed the view. I like your crested pigeon, I find it hard to get that close with a 300m lens
Thanks! The pigeon shot is cropped a bit - but mostly to remove the right hand side. I focussed on the bird's head, so in the full frame image, the head is at the centre.
04-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like you had come good light there.

04-10-2012, 04:13 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Looks like you had some good light there.
I was glad I caught the sun before it set.
04-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The setting sun gave you some lovely warm colors. Wish we had birds like that over here.
04-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
The setting sun gave you some lovely warm colors. Wish we had birds like that over here.
That's why I like taking photos close to sunset. I just checked, and the K200 is set to AWB. I wanted to check that because I recently changed the colour setting on the K7 to "natural".

It's good and bad having birds like Cockatoos and Galahs. They are pretty, but they can also be destructive. I've seen Sulphur Crested Cockatoos pulling the rubber lining out of streetlights. As a result, in a lot of places around town, the glass covers of the lights are swinging open. Large flocks can also do a lot of damage to crops. Even birds like Rainbow Lorikeets can be a nuisance - they tend to roost together in the hundreds, and if you're unfortunate enough to live next to a tree that they choose to roost in, you might find the noise a problem.

04-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
Veteran Member

An artists eye at work here! The first shot is brilliant. I love the framing of that brilliant leaf. I have tried shots like this but can never quite get the foreground right. You did a perfect job...

I also love the birds. They are exotic to my eyes, thanks for sharing them here.

The depth of field on the "path" image is wonderfully creative too. And the tree shots, well, all are really enjoyable to view.

Great series!
04-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Tessfully! I went out to get one photo for the monthly photo challenge, but I ended up with so many that I liked, I wanted to post the series. Glad you enjoyed them!
04-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #10
Pentaxian

A very nice series of colorful shots Rob.--charliezap
04-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
A very nice series of colorful shots Rob.--charliezap
Thanks! I shouldn't have been so quick to write off the K200. Having said that, when using it, there's a lot of features on the K7 that I miss.