Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fade to Black
Lens: 50mm Camera: Kx 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 04-12-2012, 03:20 PM

a macro with a little abstract editing. Yes I know, why ruin a perfect rose.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 

Views: 731
04-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pretty, and an interesting effect. Can you subdue the white patch at the left?
04-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here is a quick redo, I think I am going to stop the close macros because of the extra editing and then having to take out leaves, light etc on the images. I sort of like the original shot before converting to the fade. Sometimes it is best to leave well enough alone I guess. thanks, what do you think? Bob
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
04-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice PP Bob!

04-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting PP. I like it!
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The redone shot, for me, is a real winner. Curious about PP. Time was (I can well remember) when the original chrome had to be perfect. The only viable change was some cropping either using a mask - which looked too obvious when projected - or recopying with something like the Beselar slide duplicating rig - if you could afford one. Now it's easy to do FAR, FAR more PP with a color image than ever we could do in a darkroom with B&W, but we're tempted to complain that it's just too much time/trouble. Maybe they will eventually have a computer that can read your mind and automatically adjust files to what mind's eye intended.
04-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

it's a very nice Rose, interesting processing. I think the second is probably the way to go, but like you I think the original may have been pretty good also, cheers.

04-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Nice PP Bob!
thank you Remco, hope all is well.
04-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Interesting PP. I like it!
thanks Stefan, a little different for sure, but the normal gets boring after awhile, take care. Bob
04-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
The redone shot, for me, is a real winner. Curious about PP. Time was (I can well remember) when the original chrome had to be perfect. The only viable change was some cropping either using a mask - which looked too obvious when projected - or recopying with something like the Beselar slide duplicating rig - if you could afford one. Now it's easy to do FAR, FAR more PP with a color image than ever we could do in a darkroom with B&W, but we're tempted to complain that it's just too much time/trouble. Maybe they will eventually have a computer that can read your mind and automatically adjust files to what mind's eye intended.
My complaint isn't really the time, so much as the result. I have been taking the macro shots so close, there is only a little bit of leaves and background left and that does take away from the subject matter. I think I am going to back off a bit and try to include more of the background and leave it as photographed instead of masking it off or turning to another color. I still have quite a few of the close up photos that I have taken, but after they are used, will include more background for a change. Thanks for the extra information, my brother still uses his darkroom and produces some beautiful b/w images especially. Bob
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
it's a very nice Rose, interesting processing. I think the second is probably the way to go, but like you I think the original may have been pretty good also, cheers.
CC, I sort of like to play around at times which can make the good look bad, oh well, it is fun.