Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 versions of the "University Student"
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Edmonton, Alberta ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: daacon, 04-19-2012, 08:46 PM

I went to the University today to watch a Capstone presentation on Sustainability put on by my daughter (and her team mates - yes gratuitous proud parent plug ha!) . As we were waiting to get into the auditorium we sat in the Starbucks in the building (forgot that two 'American Coffee's would be about $9.00 sheeeesh). I took out my camera and wanted to test some indoor lighting shots without flash and this guy sitting at the table next to me fit the Bill. I was going to delete it, but there is just something I like about it.

I don't use the Topaz plugin's all the time but I do like the effects here.

The original with some pp in Lightroom IV

Topaz Adjust Cartoon

Topaz BW

Last edited by daacon; 04-20-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Views: 741
04-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally, I prefer the straight color shot - but what do I know?
Thanks for sharing.
04-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dave, it is nice for a change to see something like #2, just a fun view. Looks like he could of had a cup of coffee too.
04-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A great image, Dave - takes me back to my undergrad days as I wrestled with P-chem.

Jer

04-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Damn, I fall asleep looking at these pictures Dave. Perfer the origianl too. Cheers bud and congrat's to your daughter. JIM
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jford Quote
Personally, I prefer the straight color shot - but what do I know?
Thanks for sharing.
haha I don't know what do you know ? What do any of us know ? I know thanks for the comments just something about #2 I like and the more I look at #3 the less I like it. Thanks for the comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, it is nice for a change to see something like #2, just a fun view. Looks like he could of had a cup of coffee too.
Thanks Bob yeah he looked a little burnt out as they might say.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A great image, Dave - takes me back to my undergrad days as I wrestled with P-chem.
Jer
Thanks Jer - it was interesting to be on Campus again made me wish I was back there (then I thought about it and I would need to be paid ).

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Damn, I fall asleep looking at these pictures Dave. Perfer the origianl too. Cheers bud and congrat's to your daughter. JIM
Thanks Jim , the presentation was good.
04-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone who does different versions of a photo is ok in my book Dave.--charliezap