Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Dog and His Boy
Posted By: Workingdog, 01-13-2008, 07:02 PM

I was taking pictures at my Schutzhund club when I turned my camera away from the training field toward the sidelines and caught these two young fellows relaxing. I was in such a hurry to get the shot that I forgot to shut down the aperature and DOF suffered a bit.

Then, one of the club members brought his puppy out. Today's lesson...Training is fun!

Finally, Sammie is the only Rottweiler in our club. Wouldn't you like to have this guy on your side when the going gets tough?

Views: 2,663
01-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shot #! is quite good. I like your title and the shot makes me a little nostalgic as I used to have a dog much like the one shown.
It may benefit from cloning out the glue rod that goes through the dog's head and out the other side of the chair.
Clarence
01-14-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for your comments Clarence. With unposed shots the background can sometimes be troublesome (You should have seen what was behind the Rottie in the original shot). The "glue rod" as you probably know is a molded metal seam on the van. I'll try cloning it out and see which version I like better. Now that you mentioned it, it IS kind of distracting.
01-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I remember being his age with my German Shepard... Man do you feel on top of the world and untouchable!