Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Damnoensadauk Floating Market
Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Damnoensadauk - Thailand 
Posted By: Bruce Clark, 04-24-2012, 06:35 PM

On our Thailand holiday we went to the floating markets at Damnoensadauk, south of Bangkok. A bustling place with market stalls built over the water and vendors operating from boats. Add to this the number of tourist boats and the whole place seems chaotic. In places the canals seemed barely wide enough for two boats but three and even four were trying to get through. It was all achieved with a minimum of aggression and certainly no displays of anger. The tolerance and patience of the Thai people is certainly something we could learn from at home.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 883
04-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A completely different world for me, I am not sure if I would know how to act. Nice "street/water" shots here Bruce. Weren't you a little concerned with the crowded conditions? That is quite a word too in the thread title, caught my attention.
04-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
A completely different world for me, I am not sure if I would know how to act. Nice "street/water" shots here Bruce. Weren't you a little concerned with the crowded conditions? That is quite a word too in the thread title, caught my attention.
Thanks Bob.

Yes it is quite a word. Don't as me how to pronounce it.

It was crowed and jostling and a little unsettling at first. Our boat driver warned us early to keep hands inside the boat at all times. Everyone sems to know what they are doing and can navigate the bustle without incident. Quite amazing really. It would never work here in Australia.