Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
On the takeoff roll
Posted By: AKiss20, 01-14-2008, 07:54 PM

Hey all,

Went flying for the first time in a while and captured this guy taking off. Obviously a good amount of PP was done with this. I was going more artsy and and intense than an actual photograph. Any C&C highly welcome!

Shot with K10D+DA18-55
something like 1/20th at F22, ISO100.

Cheers!
Views: 1,660
01-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the effect, would you mind describing your PPing technique. Thanks.
01-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
Sure. First thing was a crop as I had my 18-55 on at the time, not the tamron, so the original is a good bit bigger. Then I did a basic USM (60/6/0), curves to get the ground and sky a bit more dramatic. Levels I pulled the shadows up a bit, darkened the midtones, and darkened highlights. Brightness/contrast was about +4 and +6 respectively. There was a windsock behind the plane (a dihedral actually) so I had to PP that out. The most dramatic of the effect came from lighting effects in PS. I set two spotlights coming from each side of the shot with a quite wide throw. The exact was something like 89/45 or something. Both the spotlights had a bit of a pink tinge to it (very very light) This lit up the sides quite nicely, but the middle was a bit dark. So I added two omni lights in the middle to brighten things up in the middle. Some dodging at top and bottom for more uniform darkness, and poof. It was done!!

Cheers