Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sri Lanka (part 1)
Camera: K-5 
Posted By: rhe, 04-28-2012, 05:19 PM

We enjoyed our trip to Sri Lanka. Here are some pictures from that "Beautiful Island".

Views: 771
04-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Wow those umbrellas are popular there too
04-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great series. What is the age of the cave art?Cliff
04-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Looks like you had a great time and some interesting shots !

C&C - maybe you should pay a little more attention to composition (or your cropping ) ? In each of these shots I'd have done something different to exclude extraneous information/features. The lady's lost bottom in #1, the wall in #2, the tourists in #3 (unless that was the point and I've missed it completely !), the leaves intruding on the rock in #4 and the tourist in #5. Just my opinion though - other opinions will differ !

04-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
rhe
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Great series. What is the age of the cave art?Cliff
The Sigiriya Damsels were commissioned by King Kassapa who reigned between AD 477 - 495. The son of King Dhatusena of Anuradhapura, Kassapa was born to a non-royal consort. On learning that Mogallana, his younger brother (but of royal blood) had been announced Dhatusena's heir, he seized the throne and imprisoned his father, whom he subsequently killed. The younger brother fled to India to raise an army and returned to reclaim his throne 18 years later.
04-29-2012, 02:17 AM   #6
rhe
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
maybe you should pay a little more attention to composition (or your cropping ) ?
Good points ... I was trying to give the pictures some context but may have over done it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Looks like you had a great time and some interesting shots !
We had a wonderful time. Sri Lanka is indeed a "Beautiful Island" with an intriguing history, culture, and people!