Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some Local Mountain residents
Lens: DA* 60-250 Camera: K5 Photo Location: DA* 60-250 
Posted By: daacon, 05-01-2012, 06:28 AM

As we left Cascade Pound and headed to Twin Jack Lake we came upon a few sheep , just minding their own business. I quietly pulled the vehicle over and walked carefully over. Turns out there was no need as these animals are quite use to Humans stopping and taking shots. The deer on the other hand was much more leary of me. She kept her distance and always knew where I was. It was a nice treat as I don't often see wildlife in Banff (more so in Jasper) so it was a bonus to see some local residents along with the gorgeous scenery.

Views: 766
05-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's nice Dave when you can get fairly close to nature to capture good shots such as yours.---charliezap
05-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice group. Force to pick just one favorite, maybe the second, although it's too bad his feet are nipped a bit.
05-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All nicely captured Dave, that is cool you had wildlife to view along with a great day in the Rocky Mountains. I would say you got your monies worth.

05-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
It's nice Dave when you can get fairly close to nature to capture good shots such as yours.---charliezap
Thanks Charlie it sure is

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Nice group. Force to pick just one favorite, maybe the second, although it's too bad his feet are nipped a bit.
Thanks WPRESTO yeah I was trying to elimiate the road - just missed it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
All nicely captured Dave, that is cool you had wildlife to view along with a great day in the Rocky Mountains. I would say you got your monies worth.
Thanks Bob - yep it was a great trip worth the price for sure
05-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Lovely shots of lovely creatures good sir! Must be so nice to be so close to such beautiful creatures!
05-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by captainbert Quote
Lovely shots of lovely creatures good sir! Must be so nice to be so close to such beautiful creatures!
Thanks captainbert it is a treat indeed.