Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Girl portraits in COLOR (same 645 lenses)
Lens: 645 A 75mm f/2.8, FA 200/4 Camera: k-5 
Posted By: igor, 05-05-2012, 01:49 PM

ok, since B/W versions didn't get much appreciation, let's try color ones...

Pentax K-5 + 645 A 75/2.8 or 645 FA 200/4

Once again, ALL comments welcomed.

thanks for looking .

Last edited by igor; 05-05-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Views: 2,847
05-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Igor, I never saw the B&W versions, but for outdoor portraiture under the natural elements, you've done remarkably well with #1, 5 and 6.
The only comments I'll make are that the colours are quite boldly saturated in #11 and there are distracting background highlights in #7-10. The lighting was a challenge for you, but on the whole, you exposed the subject nicely.

Good use of your 645 lenses.
And nice model.
05-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

They are all beautiful portraits, and the lighting is very nice! I would though, not use the background that you used in numbers 7,8,9, and 10. It Looks like a baby blanket and I think she shouldn't be against that background. She is a beautiful subject and I like the more nature based backgrounds in which you photographed her in the other photos.
JimH
05-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

All very nice....#3, #4, and #6 are my favorites. Lovely girl too! Very difficult for me in natural light, you did remarkably well. I love my 645 lenses on my K5 too, but must admit, I haven't done near as well as you did here. Maybe I should try harder!
Regards!

05-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #5

...That 1st picture is gorgeous!...wow!,she is beautiful!
05-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
Pentaxian

The model is absolutely lovely and the 645 lens certainly does a fine job of capturing her image for our enjoyment. I think that #1 is by far the best because the background is not competing for our attention. But these are minor nits. The images are quite well done and I wish I could do as well under the circumstances.
05-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
Pentaxian

For my money, although it makes the background much more challenging to work with, the color portraits look much better.

05-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very nice model and great choice of location(lighting), there's much to like about it.
On the issue of the final rendering I think there's a bit of room for adjustments(PP) perhaps on the texture and pop side of things but again, nothing that would make or break the final presentation imo., just a matter of taste if anything.

Great shots.

PS. things that bothered me in the shots were skin highlights, flatness in tones, arm and hand(imperfections) standing-out against touched-up face. Loss of fine hair definition in focal plane. - again... nothing that would make or break the image, just the usual stuff
05-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I never saw the B&W either, but I like these. Like everyone else the first thing I notice was the good job with the lighting.
05-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, #1 is an absolute knockout!
05-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Beautiful girl and pix!

Great work!
05-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Igor, I never saw the B&W versions, but for outdoor portraiture under the natural elements, you've done remarkably well with #1, 5 and 6.
The only comments I'll make are that the colours are quite boldly saturated in #11 and there are distracting background highlights in #7-10. The lighting was a challenge for you, but on the whole, you exposed the subject nicely.
Good use of your 645 lenses.
And nice model.
Thanks much Ash, appreciate your constructive comments, agree, it wasn't easy to shoot in harsh sunlight, tried to do my best in fill lighting and PP'ing.

QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
They are all beautiful portraits, and the lighting is very nice! I would though, not use the background that you used in numbers 7,8,9, and 10. It Looks like a baby blanket and I think she shouldn't be against that background. She is a beautiful subject and I like the more nature based backgrounds in which you photographed her in the other photos.
JimH
Jim, thank you. The 7-10 were shot against a native Ukrainian "khata"/ hut. Thought it'd be kinda fresh approach/experiement

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
All very nice....#3, #4, and #6 are my favorites. Lovely girl too! Very difficult for me in natural light, you did remarkably well. I love my 645 lenses on my K5 too, but must admit, I haven't done near as well as you did here. Maybe I should try harder!
Regards!
Thank much Rupert. 645 lenses are quite interesting and definitely produce DIFFERENT tonality/detail compared to regular 35mm ones. That makes them even more fun to use

QuoteOriginally posted by Electric Eye Quote
...That 1st picture is gorgeous!...wow!,she is beautiful!
Thank you! she really is!

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
The model is absolutely lovely and the 645 lens certainly does a fine job of capturing her image for our enjoyment. I think that #1 is by far the best because the background is not competing for our attention. But these are minor nits. The images are quite well done and I wish I could do as well under the circumstances.
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
For my money, although it makes the background much more challenging to work with, the color portraits look much better.
Thank you very much! Appreciated.

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Very nice model and great choice of location(lighting), there's much to like about it.
On the issue of the final rendering I think there's a bit of room for adjustments(PP) perhaps on the texture and pop side of things but again, nothing that would make or break the final presentation imo., just a matter of taste if anything.
Great shots.
PS. things that bothered me in the shots were skin highlights, flatness in tones, arm and hand(imperfections) standing-out against touched-up face. Loss of fine hair definition in focal plane. - again... nothing that would make or break the image, just the usual stuff
Thanks a lot John, agree with most critics. If I had more time for PP on each image I believe I'd do better, will try harder in future.

QuoteOriginally posted by tootall Quote
I never saw the B&W either, but I like these. Like everyone else the first thing I notice was the good job with the lighting.
Thank much! Fill flash helped a lot.

QuoteOriginally posted by seachunk2 Quote
Yeah, #1 is an absolute knockout!
Thank you, it was the first shot of the session.

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
Beautiful girl and pix!
Great work!
Thanks much!