Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Trilliums and Tulips, Finally!
Lens: Tamron 90 2.8 macro Camera: K-5 Photo Location: My garden 
Posted By: tessfully, 05-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Trilliums pop up, in and out of the garden --- (i know, that petal should be in focus)

cute bug!

And just a few tulips that make me smile

thanks for looking
Views: 1,490
05-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful set Tess. I like them all, but the one with bonus bug, just sets it apart.
05-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Beautiful set Tess. I like them all, but the one with bonus bug, just sets it apart.
Agreed - just adds that element of fun.

One suggestion for tulips and other flowers, including much smaller ones. I find I like more of the images that I take a slight angle, rather than straight on.
(I've kept this picture deliberately small because I'm not trying to hi-jack your thread).

I've also had fun getting so close that I can't capture the entire flower, but that is a posting for another time.

(Ok found the image I wanted in my gallery so I'm adding it here too)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by MSL; 05-07-2012 at 10:53 AM.
05-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those are great Tess. Lots of color and detail. That looks like an assassin bug.

05-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Thank you photolady!! Glad you liked them, and yes, the bug was a huge bonus!!

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Agreed - just adds that element of fun.

One suggestion for tulips and other flowers, including much smaller ones. I find I like more of the images that I take a slight angle, rather than straight on.
(I've kept this picture deliberately small because I'm not trying to hi-jack your thread).

I've also had fun getting so close that I can't capture the entire flower, but that is a posting for another time.

(Ok found the image I wanted in my gallery so I'm adding it here too)

Thanks for commenting Marc. I don't always take my flower pics like this, I was trying out my new fangled tripod...it has all these cool settings so I can hang my camera upside down from the middle, or open the legs up like petals on a flower and lower the pod right to ground level, and other strange positions that look fun to try if I can find a subject to experiment on ... ... it is a very cool tool. I love you flower pics. Thanks for sharing!

QuoteOriginally posted by bluestringer Quote
Those are great Tess. Lots of color and detail. That looks like an assassin bug.
Thanks so much for identifying the bug bluestringer... I just looked him up and from what I could find this is a nymph. Very pretty, but I guess the bite can be toxic. Thanks for having a look !!
05-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Thanks for commenting Marc. I don't always take my flower pics like this, I was trying out my new fangled tripod...it has all these cool settings so I can hang my camera upside down from the middle, or open the legs up like petals on a flower and lower the pod right to ground level, and other strange positions that look fun to try if I can find a subject to experiment on ... ... it is a very cool tool. I love you flower pics. Thanks for sharing!
ooooooooooooooh sounds so cool. what kind is it? I wonder if I can add it to an extended LBA wish/lust list
05-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very nice and crisp images. Well done!

05-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shots Tess. Our Tulips are done for the year. Here is one from two weeks ago. JIM

05-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

love those tulip photos, what beautiful flowers. I often think they are almost fake looking because they are waxy and it gives them a look other flowers don't have. Great job, all great clarity and color.
05-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
ooooooooooooooh sounds so cool. what kind is it? I wonder if I can add it to an extended LBA wish/lust list

here is a link... oops, linked to the wrong model earlier, here is the right link (wow, great sale price too)

http://www.henrys.com/65835-GIOTTOS-MTL3361B-3SECT-TRIPOD-W-PAN-HEAD.aspx

I actually carry this beast on hikes, but left it behind during our last canoe trip. I am going to try to find a back pack that will fit both it and my pelican case.

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Very nice and crisp images. Well done!

Thank you so much Lauren, I really appreciate you dropping by to comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Great shots Tess. Our Tulips are done for the year. Here is one from two weeks ago. JIM

Jim, that is an extraordinary image! Wow, sensational!! I have like, 6, tulips that survived the early summer-like weather in March and the winter-like weather of April.

Last edited by tessfully; 05-07-2012 at 11:47 AM.
05-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
love those tulip photos, what beautiful flowers. I often think they are almost fake looking because they are waxy and it gives them a look other flowers don't have. Great job, all great clarity and color.
Thank you Bob! I thought you might appreciate the warmer side of my life for a change!!
05-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #12
Pentaxian

This is becoming the time of the year that "bugs" us. Nice series Tess.--charliezap
05-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Some more fine shooting Tess! Loved the little bug, and all the great colors! Your processing is working very nicely!
Regards!
05-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the nice comments Charlie and Rupert. My two bug photos have really grown on me
05-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #15
Veteran Member

So much gorgeous color, texture, and detail in these shots, Tess! I can't pick a favorite. They are all wonderful!