Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rant....I've been wronged!
Camera: X10 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM

Monday Mrs Rupert demanded that I buy new jeans and boots, so with great displeasure, I did. I walked around town all day yesterday in my new jeans and boots, and was as uncomfortable as a whore in church....people looked at me funny, and even my best friends barely recognized me.

I hid my old favorite jeans and boots, but she found them, and minutes ago I went to take out the trash.....buried under some newspaper, there they were. This is just plain wrong, and even bordering on criminal. If you have what feels good and looks great too, you should be able to wear it until it falls off. I did have a pair of jeans that had a leg fall off last year, I cried like a baby, but there was no way to put it back on....I even tried hot glue.

Ladies, please leave us alone, we don't get any joy from being dressed like a Drugstore Dandy....... (wow, that's an old term! ...if you remember it, you know what I mean about comfort!)

End of rant..... Can I get an Amen from anyone?

Regards!

[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 2,121
05-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Amen brother.
05-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Amen..to your wife.
05-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Amen..to your wife.
I see you're from Orlando....Mrs Rupert is from Orlando....I smell a conspiracy!

Regards!

05-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Inactive Account

I have that same brand of boot. Those are barely broke in. Mine are worse, but oh so comfy.
05-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
D0n
Banned

candidly ask your wife if she really wants to push the position that just because something is a little older, and a little worse for wear and tear, that it should be tossed aside and replaced with a younger woman, I mean newer stuff...
05-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Looks like there is at least a good 1000 miles left on those babies!!! Damn women and shoes. JIM

05-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Amen

Can't speak for the boots but my comfy jeans suffered a similar fate. Damn it take years to break in a pair.
05-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Agree completely Rupert,

My wife wants me to throw out some old shirts, claims that she can see through them almost when she's close up to me.

Well, only she and medical people should be that close to me to notice, so no one else should notice at all. They've still got YEARS of use left (the shirts that is, not the wife and medical people). The buttons still work and the pocket still holds things, what MORE does anyone want from a shirt.
05-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #10

Nothing wrong with those boots! They still have a good few years left in them. Luckily my wife has the good sense never to throw out any of my clothes without permission.

05-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
Den
Veteran Member

The laces look brand new, at the very least save those. Trash, crap those jeans would go for $50.00 on E-bay easily. If nothing else, an enterprising old hippie could turn out a couple of purses or you could shred them and leave them for Otis's girlfriend to make a nest
05-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I agree with you Rupert. Old jeans never wear out. Mine are nice and soft and comfortable, and they were hand me downs from my brother. I'll never give them up until they fall to shreds. I wear men's jeans because of the my body shape, I can't wear women's jeans.
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
Pentaxian

I can't believe that no one put music to your boots Rupert. Well-here's one for you.--charliezap
05-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #14
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thought of this before I saw @charliezap, but I'll give credit where it's due, but with my own twist:

Those boots are made for walking
so that's just what you'll do
take those boots and pants out of the trash
and wear 'em like they're new
05-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Norman had this baby blue winter coat with yellow trim turned moldy. It was a thin thing to begin with .... missing a pocket on one side and the other large pocket hung upside down by a thread, swaying to and fro as he walked. The hood was half torn off. A mouse had ate little holes in various places including an arm pit, and little bits of white fluff stuck through.

One day when he wasn't looking I threw out the coat. The next time he went looking for it I thought our marriage might be in trouble. Till this day he mourns the loss of that baby blue thin winter coat.

Was it worth it, you ask? Mrs. Rupert knows the answer.

:evil:

amen