Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Been dying to use my K10D...
Posted By: quickpix, 01-17-2008, 01:38 AM

I was dying to try my K10D at a Night Landscape, and living in Winnipeg, I knew that I was not going to be able to do a shoot comfortably until spring arrives. I couldn't stand the anticipation! So, after work I made it out of my way to drive down to the Legislative Building (its 2 minutes away from my work) ran out my car in the freezing cold and took one shot quickly and ran back into my nice, warm, car haha. I know this shot was not composed very well but this picture was taken in -32C weather!

ISO: 800
Aperature: F2.8
Shutterspeed: 1/10th
Focal Range: 28mm
Lens: Sigma 28-70mm F2.8-4 DG

original:

Sephia/Black and Whitish:

I just cant believe the K10D's performance at higher ISO's. I was thinking this picture was going to have more grains than a bowl of cherios but I am amazed by how well it did!
Views: 1,665
01-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Great shots and it's good to get out and shoot isn't it? The high ISO noise ain't bad as long as you properly expose the image and the K10D shoots for underexposure more often than not because highlight detail is so how to bring back. The only thing these images need is a little keystoning to make them look natural to the human eye, but thats a lot to ask. Thanks for sharing!
01-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's why we call it WinterPeg - If those are hand help that is awsome. Nice job either way. I prefer #1.