Some Film Fuji 400H
Lens: Pentax M 50 1.4 Camera: MX Photo Location: Colorado Aperture: F1.4 
Posted By: montman, 05-18-2012, 08:58 PM

Finally got a Pentax Full Frame
SOOC
Views: 2,099
05-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Very nice shot, looks like you got the focus perfect - not easy at f/1.4 but the MX's huge viewfinder helps. One day I'll get round to trying this film to see if I prefer it to Portra 400.
05-19-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Jonathan! This was my second roll of film, my first one came out really underexposed. I had to rate this at ISO100 and even then overexpose with the metering. I don't know if my camera meter is bad or it's just the characteristic of the film?
05-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
maybe you should check the meter accuracy ?

ii'm not sure but, if you have a DSLR, a spotlight and a sheet of paper, you can check.

scotch the sheet of paper on a wall, turn on the spotlight and turn it on the sheet of paper, so it can be under a unifrom light. see what the DSLR meter, and check the SLR meter the same thing or almost.

i think it should work as a simple tester.

05-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by montman Quote
Thanks Jonathan! This was my second roll of film, my first one came out really underexposed. I had to rate this at ISO100 and even then overexpose with the metering. I don't know if my camera meter is bad or it's just the characteristic of the film?
As Aurele has said, check the meter.

Either the meter is wrong or the shutter speeds are slower than they should be. This can happen with age and I imagine a CLA would fix it. I recently took a just-bought KX into my local camera shop just to change the seals, it took them 30 seconds to run a quick check and tell me that the shutter speeds were slow. I don't know how they did it, but I ended up having a full CLA instead of just the seals. That way I don't have to worry about it.
05-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice everyone, it must be my shudder speeds. I did the spot meter test and it seem to be fine against my DSLR.