Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Abergwyngregyn, North Wales
Lens: 18-50 & 10-20 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Abergwyngregyn 
Posted By: bychan, 05-20-2012, 01:09 PM

Some images taken on a recent walk upto the waterfall in Abergwyngregyn.
In Welsh the waterfall is called Rhaedr Fawr (fawr= big/large).

6, 7 & 8 taken with the 10-20.

Regards
Adrian
Views: 655
05-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is an impressive waterfall. I liked the perspective on #7. I would have most probably straightened it and that would have been wrong. I really like the way the land tilts in one direction and the tree in the other.
05-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree that the unusual angling/perspective on a few of the pictures gives them extra appeal, and certainly makes them more eye catching.
05-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Beautiful images......from a very beautiful part of the World.....I'm half Welsh!!!....My mother was born in Rhymney...we used to go to the Gower Peninsula for our holidays....in the fifties!
Cheers, Pickles.

05-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ah, Wales. One of my favorite places on Earth! I'll be passing through in October! Nice pics!
05-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That is an impressive waterfall. I liked the perspective on #7. I would have most probably straightened it and that would have been wrong. I really like the way the land tilts in one direction and the tree in the other.

Thanks Susan, all of the images were aligned as straight, according to the K5's built-in level indicator (how accurate is this..)

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I agree that the unusual angling/perspective on a few of the pictures gives them extra appeal, and certainly makes them more eye catching.
Thanks MSL

QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
Beautiful images......from a very beautiful part of the World.....I'm half Welsh!!!....My mother was born in Rhymney...we used to go to the Gower Peninsula for our holidays....in the fifties!
Cheers, Pickles.
Thanks Pickles, it is indeed a very beautiful part of the world (no bias here)

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Ah, Wales. One of my favorite places on Earth! I'll be passing through in October! Nice pics!
Thanks LaurenOE, being biased I highly recommend the North of the country..

Adrian