Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Soon you will be mine....
Lens: Panagor 90mm/f2.8 Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: Virginia 
Posted By: loco, 05-20-2012, 03:15 PM

There's one little blueberry bush in the yard. It usually does pretty well, but the blueberries stagger themselves in ripening, so usually only 2 or 3 are ripe at a time. Hardly enough to put on your cereal!! Still, they are tasty and it looks like there are a couple starting to turn right now.

Thanks for looking!

Views: 1,139
05-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yum! I got some too!!
05-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anticipation to the fullest and they are quite blue aren't they. Lori, I think I would plant another bush, nice shot here.
05-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Lots of fruits and veggies ripen like this - frustrating at times but better than have only a very short window to pick everything if it is all ripened at once. Great photo. There is a pick your own farm not that far from us. We haven't been in a few years but I wondered about trying to go early this year just for the photo ops.

05-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
Yum! I got some too!!
Thanks for looking and commenting! Aren't they great? One of my very favorites.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Anticipation to the fullest and they are quite blue aren't they. Lori, I think I would plant another bush, nice shot here.
Thanks for your nice comment, Bob! You know, I probably should plant another bush. But then, what would I complain about?

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Lots of fruits and veggies ripen like this - frustrating at times but better than have only a very short window to pick everything if it is all ripened at once. Great photo. There is a pick your own farm not that far from us. We haven't been in a few years but I wondered about trying to go early this year just for the photo ops.
Thanks so much for the comment! I agree, would be a fantastic photo outing. There are a few not far from here. I wonder if the people who work there would consider it odd to see someone in their field with a macro set up, crouching over their fruit?
05-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love Blueberries , absolutely love'em - tasty shot Lori.
05-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Thanks so much for the comment! I agree, would be a fantastic photo outing. There are a few not far from here. I wonder if the people who work there would consider it odd to see someone in their field with a macro set up, crouching over their fruit?
Probably. My intention was to contact them first and ask permission. If I knew of local fruit trees, I'd also try to make several outings to a specific tree to catch that particular fruit in its various stages of development.

05-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Neat shot! Never seen them like that before. There are two things that are eaten here every single day....blueberries and avocados. We are addicted to both!

Regards!
05-21-2012, 04:47 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I love Blueberries , absolutely love'em - tasty shot Lori.
Thanks, Dave!! Glad you like it!

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Probably. My intention was to contact them first and ask permission. If I knew of local fruit trees, I'd also try to make several outings to a specific tree to catch that particular fruit in its various stages of development.
Now, that's an idea!! I hope you do it, would love to see what kind of shots you get!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Neat shot! Never seen them like that before. There are two things that are eaten here every single day....blueberries and avocados. We are addicted to both!

Regards!
Thank you, Rupert! They are sooo good for you, so I eat a lot of them, too.
05-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nicely shot Lori. I have a really great recipe for blueberry buckle if you will send me the berries I will send you some buckle.
05-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Nicely shot Lori. I have a really great recipe for blueberry buckle if you will send me the berries I will send you some buckle.
Thank you Susan!! Can you make buckle with 2 or 3 blueberries?