Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Stranded From Civilization
Lens: Sigma 8-16mm 1:4.5-5.6 HSM Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Winthrop, MA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: ddhlee, 05-24-2012, 09:51 AM

Since I took the supermoon, I was able to take another set of long exposure shots. Thankfully, Boston has its share of shores to take photos from.

Since this spot was also close to the airport, got to experiment with light streaks.

Views: 521
05-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like how the first one turned out- looks almost like an HDR shot!
05-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That first one is stunning. Is the horizon tilted a bit or is it me? Sometimes I think my computer leans to the left.
05-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots. My son had his wedding reception at the Cottage Park Yacht Club in Winthrop.---charliezap

05-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks guys, glad you like them; makes me wish I stayed longer if I wasn't so worried I was getting in the way of some teens' makeout sessions while I was wandering through.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I really like how the first one turned out- looks almost like an HDR shot!
Thanks, me, I'm just glad I didn't go nutty half of the time trying to get the curves balanced on the image like most HDR shots! Still have to abuse Camera Raw to unfair levels half of the time, though...

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That first one is stunning. Is the horizon tilted a bit or is it me? Sometimes I think my computer leans to the left.
It might be.

I didn't bring a tripod, so most of my composition involved propping against a random object that I felt was secure, maybe using my keys, tissue pack, or cellphone for a makeshift beanbag/level. Since I usually prop the camera on the side that has the wired remote, these newer smartphones tend to be too thin to make it work as well as an effective level. Makes me miss using a Treo or some other brick.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice shots. My son had his wedding reception at the Cottage Park Yacht Club in Winthrop.---charliezap
To be honest, I've been exploring through here and there in Boston's surrounding area and Winthrop usually strikes me as one of the neighborhoods I appreciate more than others: waterfront everywhere, somewhat remote, planes flying overhead all the time (I don't care what people think about the noise, I love it!). Makes it worth dragging thirty pounds on your back for a few miles.