Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Waterfalls and other odities.
Lens: DA 18-55 or Tamron 10-24 Wide Angle Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Anderson Japanese Gardens 
Posted By: MRHPhoto, 05-25-2012, 11:27 AM

These are a few of the first photo "trip" I've taken and the first time I really used my new K-5 I don't think any are amazing but I like a few. Comments and Criticism welcome. I haven't been in the serious hobbyist mode for too long and this was the first "clinic/class" I had ever taken aside from just basic reading online/in mags.

The rest are in a photobucket album here.

Last edited by MRHPhoto; 05-25-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added link to off site album.
Views: 854
05-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the pockets of bright color that each of the images has. which is often lacking in shots of waterfalls taken in shadow. It both brightens the image and adds another level of contrast. Nicely done!
05-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

These are all beautiful images. The dappled light adds so much warm and color. Really well done!
05-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I agree with Lori and MSL about the light you captured. I love the last one. Sure makes me want to sit there for a while and enjoy the serenity.

05-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I've been a little busy with work the last few days so I haven't been able to hop on much, but the compliments are much appreciated. If you look at any of the other albums, and likely the "photography" one on there, any ideas on things I should be working on would be greatly appreciated as well I just had to upload the 3 I liked most from this set to the guys who put the clinic on, and I chose the first 2 I uploaded here and another one after the feed back everyone gave me
05-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like them all esp #1 with the yellow flowers. There is a red blur in the top right hand corner. Is that part of the red leaves we sees in other images? It has vauge humanoid shape to it. Whatever it is, it looks a bit out of place. Otherwise a top effort.
05-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #7

Original Poster
I was trying to figure out what the heck that was myself one day lol. I believe they are the red leaves of the tree to the left. They are visible if you look at the wider angle shot of both waterfalls instead of just the one on the right. I was probably a good 6-10 feet to the left for the wide angle shot than I was for the singular waterfall so I think it makes sense that its just motion blur from red/purple leaves.

06-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Really nice shots, good use of the light. The first one is my fav you've caught some great light there, but that red/black/skintone blob looks way out of place, whatever it is. ( I must admit I thought it was a person sitting on a rock ) You could try cloning it out.

cheers
06-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

a quick clone/heal job using gimp, I hope you don't mind.
cheers.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow love the lushness of these shots well done indeed.