Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Butterfly close up
Posted By: loco, 05-25-2012, 06:21 PM

I have had the worst luck trying to shoot butterflies! It seems the evil critters have a thing against my camera. If I am not carrying it, they flutter all around my head. If I do have it with me, they won't let me get within 15 feet! So, I got a butterfly bush. Take that! The white ones and yellow ones and black ones still stay away so far, but this little orange guy, who I believe is an "aphrodite fritillary" butterfly, was most accommodating.

I used a YN560 flash and diffuser for this shot. Thanks for looking and I hope you like this!

Views: 1,356
05-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Nice one! I have 3 of those bushes but planted those a few weeks ago, so they are stil very small and don't have flowers yet !

05-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gut1kor Quote
crisp focus on the eyes and also engaging angle of view...very well done.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Snipes Quote
Nice one! I have 3 of those bushes but planted those a few weeks ago, so they are stil very small and don't have flowers yet !
Thanks so much! You'll have them soon. It didn't take long for this one to start blooming, but it wasn't tiny when I bought it. I just saw my first zebra swallowtail today!