Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My light
Posted By: LED, 01-19-2008, 02:21 PM

He is my son, the one who makes my life easier and gives me a sense of purpose. I'm not saying this is art, I just wanted to share it with you.

K10D, Chinon 50 f/1.4 @ 2.0, ISO 800, no flash. The light was poor, coming in his face. I couldn't find a proper wb setup so I shot it in auto. The original has a very yellow tent, it was pretty hard to pp it (I choose to desaturate in the end). Removing noise it was also a pain and I can't say I did it well. Here's the result anyway.

Views: 1,594
01-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That is a very nice shot of your son, I hope that you don't mind that I gave it a quick once over.

Here is what I did: cropped, adjusted WB, adjusted highlight/shadows, a little noise reduction and USM in noise ninja.

Heinrich

Last edited by Heinrich Lohmann; 01-19-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling
01-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
LED

Original Poster
Looks better, the skin tone is more natural. I'm not a Photoshop "master" so I couldn't do more. From where did you adjust the WB?

Thank you.
01-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LED Quote
Looks better, the skin tone is more natural. I'm not a Photoshop "master" so I couldn't do more. From where did you adjust the WB?

Thank you.
I opened the image in ACR and adjusted WB and than continued in CS3. You should get better results with the original unprocessed file.

Take care, Heinrich

01-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's a great shot, my friend. I think it is art - at least the kind of art that is most important.

Jer